THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Terry
I have been wanting to smoke a meatloaf for a couple weeks, and I even bought everything for it last week, but the weather just hasn't cooperated. Well, rain or shine tomorrow, it's on. So I started getting everything ready today. Oh, I am loosely following an Alton Brown recipe I found via Google.

First, I prepped the binder. Put Cheddar and Garlic croutons in the food processor along with a bunch of spices. Ground / mixed those up and put them in a bowl. Fried up some bacon, and then sauteed the onion, green pepper, jalapenos, and Garlic in the bacon fat. I mixed the chopped bacon and sauteed veggies in with the spiced bread crumbs. Finally, I added the beaten eggs.

F61BCB5C-0961-4F98-A0B8-6FE899ECA0C6_zps4asrj14z.jpg

For meats, I am using Ground Chuck, Ground Sirloin, and some Spicy Sausage.

850BA208-C111-482E-839B-632DCFD8C56B_zpsuedqsrcj.jpg

Gently mixed the meat with the binder.

84AE947C-864E-43FF-993F-B1226938E60A_zpsljuimlfu.jpg

Took half the mixture and made a base, and then studded it with the Colby Cheese.

C361E0B5-5606-4D02-8ABA-569843DDD012_zpsycwrqdnn.jpg

Put the rest of the mixture on top, and sealed it up. Wrapped it in Saran wrap and into the fridge to meld until tomorrow. Then it will go on the LSG Cabinet.

BB84F2AF-D3C9-44CA-AA4C-D21DB60E6AAC_zpsgchzx0px.jpg

See y'all tomorrow afternoon...

Oh man can't wait!! I want to see how the cheese studs work out! Considering firing the new smoker for a double smoked ham for my next cook. Looks like cheese studded meatloaf is on that menu now. Found 5+ hams in the freezer. Forgot I bought them dirt cheap the day after Easter.

Prep sure looks good! Idea and plan look solid.

Looking forward to seeing the end results! I sure do love smoked meatloaf, but I'll bet some melted cheese in there would make it all the better.

About time to fire up the smoker now. Not looking to eat until 5 or so.

Alton's recipe says to bake it 325* until it hits 155* IT. I'll probably let the smoker run where she wants to until the same. I am going to make a Chipotle and Ketchup based glaze for it.

Last edited:
Back