THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Hey all,
I've never made Carne Asada, nor have I ever eaten Carne Asada, but I've wanted to try it for some time. Cruised the internet for a spell to get the idea, it's like there are a million different ways to make this stuff, right?

Anyway, came up with a plan. I wanted to enter the "Steak Throwdown", so I started with a nice ribeye from SRF.
Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20001_zps2nsc6kw6.jpg

I trimmed that up a little, then into a marinade of O.J., chopped garlic, chopped onion, lime juice, salt, pepper and cumin. Into a bag for about three hours.
Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20002_zpswazcakip.jpg

I made up some avocado/corn salsa;
Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20004_zps6h1oynnp.jpg

Here is the steak out of the marinade, ready for the grill;
Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20005_zps8reubmfr.jpg

On the grill;
Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20009_zpsf6sfmu66.jpg

Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20011_zpsr9amemez.jpg

Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20012_zpsuq0rqiam.jpg

Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20014_zpsa3qihc1v.jpg

Sliced it up for the tacos;
Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20016_zpswlcmiu9h.jpg

Set up my assembly station;
Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20017_zpsnvq2pmdj.jpg

Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20019_zps9czcwg71.jpg

Each one had the steak, salsa, Queso Fresco, Mexican Crema, and sriracha for a little kick, oh, and of course a squeeze of lime.
Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20020_zpsmjx5ye4t.jpg

Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20021_zpsjfmboshg.jpg

Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20024_zpsj2vkc8rc.jpg

Carne%20Asada%20Steak%20026_zpshr85ut7e.jpg

I don't know if I really did these right, but if it is wrong, I don't wanna be right :crazy:, these were fantastic, absolutely MUST do these again.

You can check out the "Steak Throwdown" here; http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214289.

Thanks for looking all!

KC

Last edited:
Nicely done! Those look awesome!

Start with quality ingredients... and you're half-way to some delicious results.

Can you post up your salsa recipe? That looks so good!!!!!!

Let me see, I rarely measure anything except for if I'm baking, but I can give you the general idea.

Diced tomatoes(I prefer romas if I don't have garden fresh)
Finely diced onion
Thin sliced green onions
Finely diced green pepper
Finely diced jalapeno pepper
Finely diced habanero pepper
Some chopped Cilantro (Go easy on this, easy to get to much)
Juice from 1/2-1 lime
A little salt

This is my basic salsa recipe(ingredients anyway). As for the jalapeno and habanero peppers, I just start easy and add more if I want it hotter. The jalapenos can vary quite a bit as far as how hot they are, but the habaneros are always hot hot, so start easy with those. After you make it a couple of times, you'll get it tweaked to your personal taste. I usually try to make it a day ahead so that all the flavors can blend.

As for this dish, I just added the corn and some diced avocado. I'm not real sure why I wanted it in there to be honest, for some reason it just sounded good, and it was! :clap:

KC

Back