THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pjtexas1

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Texas Pete
You know what I mean...
You have this nice back yard stick burner that you love, then you see a UDS so you have someone build you a 1/4" UDS (because that is even cooler, right?) and you love that, then you see a fancy/shiny insulated cabinet and you get one of those and you love it, then you realize you don't have a weber (everyone has a weber) so you get an OTG, then you see someone build a mini/jimmy and you build both of those and you love them, then you see that big reverse flow offset stick burner you have always dreamed about and you get it, then before it even arrives you start eyeing a gravity feed. :wacko::doh::shock::tape:

Is there a prescription that I can get? Oooh...what about a pellet pooper? I have never thought about one of them.:becky: Where is the farking end?:confused:

You know what I mean...
You have this nice back yard stick burner that you love, then you see a UDS so you have someone build you a 1/4" UDS (because that is even cooler, right?) and you love that, then you see a fancy/shiny insulated cabinet and you get one of those and you love it, then you realize you don't have a weber (everyone has a weber) so you get an OTG, then you see someone build a mini/jimmy and you build both of those and you love them, then you see that big reverse flow offset stick burner you have always dreamed about and you get it, then before it even arrives you start eyeing a gravity feed. :wacko::doh::shock::tape:

Is there a prescription that I can get? Oooh...what about a pellet pooper? I have never thought about one of them.:becky: Where is the farking end?:confused:
LOL, yeah I used to have a roving eye as well! I'm thinking though, that as soon as your Shirley gets there your fascination with the other cookers will probably subside or go away all together, you'll be able to do pretty much everything with the setup you'll have with your new baby!:wink:
Between my LSG vertical w/warmer oven and my Weber Kettle I don't really need anything else. I also have a cheap gasser but it's strictly for burgers, hot dogs and an occasional steak if I don't feel like messing with charcoal. Otherwise about 95% of my cooking is done on the LSG and about 2/3 of that is in the warmer/oven.:-D

I don't consider it ADD. I think it is the inner pitmaster coming out of me and trying to learn how to use the different style cookers, so you can cook on anything.

I am looking at a stickburner right now, but that is also because I am comfortable with cooking on a kettle, drum, and bullet style smokers. I'm sure after I am comfortable with how to cook on a stickburner I will want to learn the ins and outs of a cabinet style smoker etc.

At least that is my reason and I'm sticking too it!

10370815_10155236036475296_4880470481985164460_n.jpg

Haha. If you find a cure, let the brethren know!!
I would be afraid that I might get shot if I revealed the cure.:tsk:

LOL, yeah I used to have a roving eye as well! I'm thinking though, that as soon as your Shirley gets there your fascination with the other cookers will probably subside or go away all together, you'll be able to do pretty much everything with the setup you'll have with your new baby!:wink:
Between my LSG vertical w/warmer oven and my Weber Kettle I don't really need anything else. I also have a cheap gasser but it's strictly for burgers, hot dogs and an occasional steak if I don't feel like messing with charcoal. Otherwise about 95% of my cooking is done on the LSG and about 2/3 of that is in the warmer/oven.:-D
That is the plan. If the offset with warmer is the cure I will keep that secret to myself. (see above...)

I don't consider it ADD. I think it is the inner pitmaster coming out of me and trying to learn how to use the different style cookers, so you can cook on anything.

I am looking at a stickburner right now, but that is also because I am comfortable with cooking on a kettle, drum, and bullet style smokers. I'm sure after I am comfortable with how to cook on a stickburner I will want to learn the ins and outs of a cabinet style smoker etc.

At least that is my reason and I'm sticking too it!
Consider that reasoning stolen.:eusa_clap

Yeah, I have been quite satisfied with my 22.5 WSM, but starting to think I need more real estate. Been looking at the LSG's and they sure are nice. A cabinet would replace my WSM, but if I went with the vertical with a warmer, it could replace both my WSM and my gasser.

Hmmm... Not sure how I am going to get CinC House to approve the budget...

I was good with the Humpreys. Then somebody posted a deep south gravity fed. Now I want a gravity fed....This is getting expensive!

Yeah, I have been quite satisfied with my 22.5 WSM, but starting to think I need more real estate. Been looking at the LSG's and they sure are nice. A cabinet would replace my WSM, but if I went with the vertical with a warmer, it could replace both my WSM and my gasser.

Hmmm... Not sure how I am going to get CinC House to approve the budget...
I find that jewelry works really well. This year finishing some home improvement projects worked. Be creative. If all else fails man up and start begging.:becky:

I was good with the Humpreys. Then somebody posted a deep south gravity fed. Now I want a gravity fed....This is getting expensive!
Darn GC28 got you looking too? I was ok with the first post or 2 then I think there was a 3rd and 4th...

I find that jewelry works really well. This year finishing some home improvement projects worked. Be creative. If all else fails man up and start begging.:becky:

She has been wanting a new rock on her finger. For that price, I could buy a cabinet, a vertical, and a Shirley. And probably have them delivered... :shock:

I got the "how many cookers do you need" speech last year From my girlfriend. One of my proudest moments.

Did you get another smoker and girlfriend? :heh:

Ever seen Jay Leno, Jerry Seinfeld, or Rick Hendricks car collection? If we had the money, most of us would have a comparable cooker collection. There is no cure, only a lack of money, space and approval from the spouse.

Matt

Finished building a reverse flow stick burner last weekend. This will be smoker three in the back yard. I told my wife acknowledging I have a problem is the first step to rehabilitation.

Back