Drip Pan Help for WSM 18.5

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
FWIW, I was at Walmart the other day and saw some 16" metal pizza pans for three bux. It looked like a possible solution for keeping a lot of drippings out of the water pan on my WSM so I bought one. I fired up my smoker this afternoon to cook some stuff and put the pizza pan on the lower rack above the water pan and it looks like a pretty good fit.

If you're doing a long cook with a lot of drippings, like butts, wouldn't it ooze over the edge of the pan and possibly run down the side and onto the charcoal?

If you're doing a long cook with a lot of drippings, like butts, wouldn't it ooze over the edge of the pan and possibly run down the side and onto the charcoal?

It might... I just have a chicken and some moink balls on today though. If the pan oozes over with drippings, they 'should' fall into the water pan. I'll have to look at that a little more closely...

Either that or cover the pan with foil and create a wall around the edges... It worked great today for the chicken and moink balls... not a lot of drippings from either of those though...

Back