THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

K-Barbecue

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jim
Found this at a rummage sale. It is a mini 14" Weber Smokey Mountain. Picture shows it next to my 22.5 WSM. I paid $30 for it and it is in like new condition. Looks like was used one time and probably for grilling some hamburgers as the second rack and water pan are clean as new. I think these were made for awhile way back in the eary 1980's. I installed my Guru on it and going to try a 5 pound chicken. It's not much taller than my chimney starter !

Last edited:
I did some research and found it was was only made 1981 to 1983 then discontinued. The 18.5 was the only one made until 2008 when the 22.5 came out.

Wow!!!
Excellent Phind!
Dutch Brethren Frits also got a WSM 1880...very rare.

CIMG0989.JPG

Well the chicken is at 140 degrees internal. Will see soon how she cooks, Sure saves on charcoal !!

Nice Find! The BBQ stars were lined up to find that one!

And my first cook with the mini WSM turned out great. A small amount of RO lump with 2 small chunks of cherry wood. Seems that I'll be using this more often with small item cooks. Saves alot of charcoal.

Last edited:
That is awesome... I want one too.... <= scrambles off to the world of craigslist and ebay...

Wow never seen that before! From the number of people making mini-wsm's from tamale pots it seems like weber should bring that back!

That is awesome... I want one too.... <= scrambles off to the world of craigslist and ebay...
Wow never seen that before! From the number of people making mini-wsm's from tamale pots it seems like weber should bring that back!

You can make one for bout 50$. maybe less if you have a smokey joe gold lying around. I made one out of a smokey joe gold and a MUSA steamer pot from walmart.

here is a thread for my build and a few pics. Mine is electric and also a charcoal burner

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1840039023/m/8251071506

mms_picture_2-10.jpg

Back