World Series Taco Tuesday in the 505 - w/ Pron

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
CINCHOUSE had a serious hankering for Mexican - shot me a text at work. Happy to oblige with a stop at the local Mexi-Mart, El Super.

It's really tough to beat this Carne Asada Preparada with Chef Merito Marinade.

eRygGrJl.jpg

sp5VcPxl.jpg

Gotta go with freshly made corn tortillas, a little bacon fat, and a cast iron skillet.

lnfBj0Dl.jpg

fcdjJTdl.jpg

We're big fans of Tajin, since you folks turned us onto the stuff. Today, I discovered that they have a sauce option!

VV2YEUIl.jpg

vNkNv7il.jpg

From my girls' reactions, it's a home run - made all the better by the fact that Game 1 of the World Series is on the telly.

Y'all have a great week!

You're making me want to hit my local Mexi-Mart. That looks like a tasty, easy meal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ShadowDriver

Did you like the seasoning on it?

We have a new Winco near my house and i tried (looks to be same brand / seasoning) package and i wasnt really that impressed with the flavor on the first try.

I've started getting the unseasoned 'carne asada' cut meat and adding my own seasoning mix. Love the cut and meat/fat content. Blows ground beef burritos/tacos out of the water.

ShadowDriver

Did you like the seasoning on it?

We have a new Winco near my house and i tried (looks to be same brand / seasoning) package and i wasnt really that impressed with the flavor on the first try.

I've started getting the unseasoned 'carne asada' cut meat and adding my own seasoning mix. Love the cut and meat/fat content. Blows ground beef burritos/tacos out of the water.

Completely agree on the second point! I'm also a big fan of discada for similar reasons.

The first couple of times I tried this preparada version of carne asada, it was just OK, but it wasn't enough to write home to Mom. When I grabbed a 3-pack (with the same brand of chicken, pork (al pastor seasoned), and carne asada... the flavors just "popped." No idea if there's a new guy working in the back of the Mexi-Mart or what.

This stuff is good enough that my girls just asked for a repeat of last night's dinner... and my munchkin is crushing taco... after taco!

As an aside, this Tajin "Snack Sauce" is a HUGE win! It combines all the things I like about Tajin with a relatively thin sauce for a quick drizzle over the taco. If you can find it, I dare say you'll like it.

Back