A Gringo makes cochinita pibil & habañero salsa in the 505 (w/ Pr0n!)

Another amazing cook Marc. This is definitely on my list once the weather breaks. I enjoy watching Rick too and just found the sauce at the local grocer :-D

looks delicious

I've had luck finding banana leaves at asian market nearby.

we need to get someone to do a comparison cook between wrapped with foil and leaves

Incredible meal there, Marc!

Also really liked Taco Chronicles and found a local place that does suadero that I'm gonna check out whenever I'm recovered from surgery.

...El Yucateca to boot.

...This is definitely on my list once the weather breaks. I enjoy watching Rick too and just found the sauce at the local grocer

I really had poo-poo'd the bottled sauce idea until I watched Rick's video, and Boy, am I glad I took the advice! That's some black magic in the bottle! Smokey, a little Sweet, and reasonable Heat (it doesn't take your head off).

I've had luck finding banana leaves at asian market nearby.

we need to get someone to do a comparison cook between wrapped with foil and leaves

I hit up one of those, but skipped the other major one in ABQ.... probably a bad decision. Now, I'm really curious how (and how much) the 'nanner leaves affect the flavor in cochinita.

Also really liked Taco Chronicles and found a local place that does suadero that I'm gonna check out whenever I'm recovered from surgery.

You found Suadero!? Oh, hell yes! That's my next "project" to try. Absolutely love the idea of the contents, but also of the interaction with the guy/gal chopping the meat and building the taco(s). The "dirty puns" at the late night taco stand had me giggling like a school girl... perfect.

I hope you recover quickly, Charles... and get back out there for more adventures soon.

Back