ribeye roast in oven?

seattlepitboss

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
In a few days I'm off to a remote retreat with 49 other guys. On Saturday night we generally roast ribeye roasts up in the oven. I'm looking for ways to add a little flavor. Don't get me wrong, a little s+p and a well roasted piece of rib roast is pretty good. I'm just wondering if there was something more I could do.

seattlepitboss

Cut slits in it and push in whole or half cloves of garlic

I inject a pureed mix of fresh garlic, rosemary, and evoo. I try to get it right at the edge of one of the center fat pockets.

Last edited:
You mean the FEC won't give enough flavor?:biggrin:
CountryHB had posted a rib roast his buddy had speared a green onion and a sprig of rosemary through. Always wanted to try that.

052408011.jpg

052408017.jpg

Never before I see rib roast speared with rosemary. Neat idea. Anyone have any experience with this? Is there much goodie juice loss?

I have done a lot of prime rib in an oven, just give it a liberal dose of medium coarse salt and medium grind pepper over a garlic slather. If I am feeling fancy, I put some dried herbs on. I layer onions under the roast. These can become part of the pan gravy later. Then sear at 450F for an hour, drop temps to 275F until done.

Back