Sous Vide, who's got em!

patriotn11

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Any one use them and recommend this for stored vacuum sealed cooked BBQ and other foods!

I have been looking at this one

https://www.amazon.com/Anova-Culina...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WTEH3CVKXC8HN1MD7CX2

It's usually $159.00, a guy on eBay is selling one he got as a gift, still seal for $99.00 and $19.00 shipping but hesitant on eBay buying, unless I ask him to drop the shipping and get it for the $99.00 and free ship!

Any ways thank for any input and recommendations!

I have the 800 watt Anova and am very happy with it.

Thanks, I'm looking at it to cook boneless skinless chicken breast, I heard they come out not dry but juicy!

Absolutely the best boneless skinless chicken breast I have ever had were Sous Vide, so good they do not require a sear, however I do add a pat a butter to each breast prior to sealing vac sealing. Additionally I can't see a reason for the 900 watt unless you were trying to heat more than 20 quarts of water for multi-day cooks.

Absolutely the best boneless skinless chicken breast I have ever had were Sous Vide, so good they do not require a sear, however I do add a pat a butter to each breast prior to sealing vac sealing. Additionally I can't see a reason for the 900 watt unless you were trying to heat more than 20 quarts of water for multi-day cooks.

Thanks for the reply, this sounds fantastic then!

I love sous vide for processing chicken breasts and thighs, steak, pork belly and pork chops to be seared off later. I don't enjoy it for BBQ cuts like ribs, pork butt or brisket

I have that model. Overrated for cooking, great for reheating bbq. That is not a bad deal, but they run them on sale a couple times a year. I think I paid $79 for mine.

I love sous vide for processing chicken breasts and thighs, steak, pork belly and pork chops to be seared off later. I don't enjoy it for BBQ cuts like ribs, pork butt or brisket

I was thinking being I always smoke more then I need and was going to vac seal it up and freeze, then sous vide it when needed!

I also use my Sous Vide for cooking wild game tenderloins and backstraps, perfect temp every time.

I have a dozen diy sous vide and a few retail anova's. One of the best things to make sous vide is salmon. Brine the salmon for a few hours with a simple 1/4 cup kosher and 1 qt of water. rinse and pat dry, sprinkle some dill on top place in bag with tbsp butter and cook @ 137.5F for an hour. Drizzle hollandaise over the top and serve with sauteed asparagus. You're welcome.

I've got the same one at Xmas. Made a real good Omaha steak from frozen (bacon wrapped filet--removed the bacon) as well as one of the best pork chop (moist) I've ever made. Just did a couple of bone in chicken breasts tonight from frozen. Again, wonderful moisture and cooked perfectly. Just browned it in a pan for like 2 minutes to get a nice crust on it.... One of the best ways to get that moisture in a cut of meat.

Pork butt, etc. I will still smoke...but great for cooking other cuts of meat then just sear off in a hot pan.

I have a dozen diy sous vide and a few retail anova's. One of the best things to make sous vide is salmon. Brine the salmon for a few hours with a simple 1/4 cup kosher and 1 qt of water. rinse and pat dry, sprinkle some dill on top place in bag with tbsp butter and cook @ 137.5F for an hour. Drizzle hollandaise over the top and serve with sauteed asparagus. You're welcome.

I hate to say it but I'm in my late 50's and yet to taste salmon but this ^^^^^ might just make me buy one!

I got that same one for Christmas. Awesome for fish. I did a prime strip with it that I finished on my cast iron plate setter in the egg atlnd it turned out great, too.

Eggs are supposed to be badass but I haven't tried that yet.

I hate to say it but I'm in my late 50's and yet to taste salmon but this ^^^^^ might just make me buy one!

Do it. Try to get Pacific wild salmon. But if you have to, Scottish farmed is good too. US farmed Atlantic, not so much.

Do it. Try to get Pacific wild salmon. But if you have to, Scottish farmed is good too. US farmed Atlantic, not so much.

I will try the Pacific Wild for sure and thanks!

The only negatives I've heard about Anova is the newer models require you to download their App in order to use. For that reason alone I bought a Yedi Wand with no wi-fi, just plug it in and set time and temperature.

My favorite thing to cook so far are monster bone-in pork chops with a quick sear to finish. Perfect all the way through.

Back