Phubar's Pear Sauce Pron Parade...

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Here is the start of my recent post on Phubar's Sweet & Hot Pear Sauce he sent me recently.

One advantage of being a member of a close knit BBQ community on the internet is I get to meet people from all over the world. I recently found an international package on my door step from a good BBQ friend in Utrecht,The Netherlands.

“Phubar,” his BBQ Brethren screen name had sent me a bottle of his very own homemade Sweet & Hot Pear Sauce. Made from his stash of homegrown pears it was one of those special treats I get once in awhile. I have to admit, that as excited as I was I still had some trepidation because I don’t like pears.

Since I had a whole chicken brining in the refrigerator I figured a little Sweet & Hot Pear Spatchcock chicken would be in order.

The chicken was brined in a normal salt water brine with a cup of Texas Pete Hot Sauce tossed in.

The backbone was removed from the chicken. After laying the chicken out flat the process of cleaning up the little bits of skin and fat begins.

You can see the rest of the post here...

The final plate:
Phubar-Pear7.jpg

:cry:

Buful!!!
Thanks Larry!
Thought it was my own thread from the looks of the title!:wink:
Very nice dish!

So....you don't like pears!?:-D

Good looking dinner there Larry, so, did the pear flavor come through?

Good looking dinner there Larry, so, did the pear flavor come through?

The pear flavor did come through. There are other spices in the sauce that complimented the chicken.

I believe there is cinnamon in there and my next use of the sauce is on ice cream...

Larry that is a very nice plate, I would pay good money for that!!

Nice! The color on the chicken skin is nice.

The pear sauce rocks! I had some sauce from Phubar and I like it.

And the chicken looks very good. Nice color.

mmmmmmmmmmm. I hope to try some some day as well. That looks great though!

I need a receipe for a hot spicey pear sauce pears are real cheap now Do you know how to make it?

Looks and sounds very tasty Larry!!
Phu, that was nice of you. :wink:

Attachments

• SP_A1052.jpg
    SP_A1052.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 34
  • SP_A1050.jpg
    SP_A1050.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 34
  • SP_A1051.jpg
    SP_A1051.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 34