The Dog Days of Summer

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
With the 4th of July coming up (and the Dog Days of Summer Throwdown going on here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231937) I decided to make 3 of my favorite dogs. I started out by making up some of John Setzler’s Hot Dog Chili. Here are most of the ingredients.

Ingredients:
12 oz of a beer of your choice (choices here will change the flavor of the chili)
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 1/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup yellow mustard
3 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chili powder

Browned up the meat

and poured in the beer and brought it up to a boil and let it go for 15 minutes.

Put in the rest of the ingredients, stirred and brought it back up to a boil. and let it go until it was at the consistency I wanted and then lower it down to a simmer and let it go for another 40 minutes.

Let it go until it was at the consistency I wanted and then lowered it down to a simmer and let it go for another 40 minutes. Here’s the results.

While the chili was cooking I slices up the veggies and lite up the kamado. After the chili was done I put the hot dogs on along with a bratwurst.

While they were I cooking I toasting up some poppy seed buns and when everything was ready, I made up the dogs and poured myself a Twisted Manzanita Rustic Horizon Red Ale. From left to right is a Chili Cheese Dog, a Chicago Dog and finally a Bratwurst with Mustard and Sauerkraut. All served up along with some corn on the cob and some fresh cut watermelon.

I starved myself all day because I knew I was making these and they didn’t disappoint.

Thanks for looking.

It all looks really good. I do think those two on the left in the bottom pic could use some dogs. It could just be me.

It all looks really good. I do think those two on the left in the bottom pic could use some dogs. It could just be me.
Thank you Cheez. Yes I know they look dogless but I assure you there is one underneath all the condiments.

Note: It didn't help that the buns were huge and then came apart at the bottom. :mmph:

Back