Beef Back Ribs

B

Brooks BBQ

Slow bq'd these guys abt 6 hrs at 210 deg on the Traeger. They were brined and then smeared with yellow mustard and Traeger's prime rib rub. I cooked up a mop sauce and Jack Daniels BQ sauce. I mopped them 3x and cooked to 186 deg internal. (BQ sauce was used on the side.)

Good stuff.

Attachments

• Prep.jpg
    Prep.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Start.jpg
    Start.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 153
  • mop & bq sauce.jpg
    mop & bq sauce.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Fin.jpg
    Fin.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Dish.jpg
    Dish.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 155
Thanks for posting!

What brine did you use, and how long did they soak?
I brine chicken, though not beef ribs. Thinking to try it.
Thanks for the help!

Oh Yes... Yes, that's nice.

Same questions though as Smiter Q... I've never brined a beef rib. Would like the recipe if you can supply. Secondly, I'm thinking if you done a brine, why did you need to get it up to such a high temp? I'm sure it tasted awesome, but would a rare brined beef rib like that be good too! I wanna know, as I wanna do it!

Cheers!

Bill

Oh Yes... Yes, that's nice.

Same questions though as Smiter Q... I've never brined a beef rib. Would like the recipe if you can supply. Secondly, I'm thinking if you done a brine, why did you need to get it up to such a high temp? I'm sure it tasted awesome, but would a rare brined beef rib like that be good too! I wanna know, as I wanna do it!

Cheers!

Bill

I use a pretty simple brine: 1/2 cup Kosher salt, 1/2 cup brown sugar in 3/4 to 1 gal water. Most time throw in a bit of red wine. Brined over night.

I think you may be right about a lower finish temp working. I was watching til the meat shrunk down the bone a bit. I've read that's one way to tell they are done. I will say flavor is good at that point. Will have to try pulling them at 165, say.

Back