What's on for the Weekend?

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
I thought for sure the weekend thread would be started by now...So here goes.

I found bison ribs at the market for $1.99/lb. They just went on. Also picked up a whole mess of pork neck bones to smoke on Saturday. Pork bones and rice are what I'm thinking....UNLESS someone has some other ideas??? Bring 'em on.

1002d14a.jpg

Great looking ribs, we don't see Bison ribs at the market in NY. If you did it wouldn't be $1.99lb.

thirdeye said:
I thought for sure the weekend thread would be started by now...So here goes.

I found bison ribs at the market for $1.99/lb. They just went on. Also picked up a whole mess of pork neck bones to smoke on Saturday. Pork bones and rice are what I'm thinking....UNLESS someone has some other ideas??? Bring 'em on.

Are you sure you didn't poach one of those "cows with a really big head" while in ND this week?

Kevin said:
Are you sure you didn't poach one of those "cows with a really big head" while in ND this week?

Heheee. I sure had plenty of chances while driving through South Dakota.

1122fb8b.jpg

Pork Bones and Rice? How about split pea soup with pork bones?

Making a couple racks of ribs (pork), an eye-talian meatloaf and a batch of gouda stuffed shorties.

SmokeInDaEye said:
Making a couple racks of ribs (pork), an eye-talian meatloaf and a batch of gouda stuffed shorties.

MMMM, gouda. Busy garage cleaning weekend here. My truck windows have that frozen white stuff on them in the morning lately, need to make room to park inside. May have to make time for some smoked eye-talian meatloaf and smoked gouda though. Don't know why, but spinach is entirely undesirable to me, except in a meatloaf with sweet Italian sausage and a soft cheese like gouda or provolone.

@ about 4am saturday morning i'll be throwing a 13lbs turkey in the pit along with a Brisket. Mid afternoon I'll be adding some sausages and stuffed green peppers.

Dinner @ 6pm

i'll definitly be posting pics. this is my first big bird, I wanted something smaller but they were all frozen.

I'm doing Thai BBQ chicken that I mentioned earlier.

Thirdeye, smoked neck bones.........thinking the perfect start to a big old pot of bean soup. Thanks what im making tomorrow.

Mike

No cooking this weekend (although the weather here looks to be fantastic for it). Instead, I'll be cleaning up the two WSMs and getting them both re-set in their rightful positions and maybe getting ready to store the BSKD. Not sure I'll keep it but I might.

Well we got Mini Spice today and thought we would christen her this weekend. We are gonna smoke a flat, a small turkey and a couple racks of St.Louis style ribs. Jay Spice, thank you once again for creating one hellatiously fantastic BBQ cooker for my family.
icon7.gif

Sawdustguy said:
Well we got Mini Spice today and thought we would christen her this weekend. We are gonna smoke a flat, a small turkey and a couple racks of St.Louis style ribs. Jay Spice, thank you once again for creating one hellatiously fantastic BBQ cooker for my family.
icon7.gif

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing a pic of all of your new gear lined up, Guy!

Split pea & bean soup both sound good. My buddy from SC voted for collards.....

The ribs turned out good. Low fire, 1 hour direct for some color. 3 hours indirect to finish. The bone shine on the bigger rack was all my fault. I got too western with the trimming. Before I go to work tomorrow, I'm stopping by the market and getting some more.

25aa80d9.jpg

cc778b53.jpg

Ive got 2 butts rubbed down with Paul Kirk's rub and injected with a combo of apple juice, Disorno Amaretto and teriaki. Also have 2 fatties ready to go.

BeerGuy & I are having our Fall Session a little late this year so we're doing the Q along with some oysters. The oysters will be fried and roasted.

Beerguy has already done a brisket and a butt along with beans that we'll heat back up in the Dera.

Its gonna be cold as chit tomorrow so this party may be interesting. Ive got a 6 foot bon fire pit and the fire will be stoked. I just hope the guitar players can play in the cold.

Neck bones, rice and gravy, greens and sweet potatoes.

Damn! My mouth is watering now.

another boy scout outing at baiting hollow. Bandera v.2 will be hot all day. Doing biscuits and gravy for breakfast while the other dads do up the eggs... then philly cheese steaks for lunch with BBQ london broil, a couple sausage rings and Im bringing my last package of jalepeno sausage for me and the scoutmaster(we'll go hide in a tent). Will have some chusk roasts cooking to make Cowboy Stew fro dinner and Sweets Ts potato casserole and some dutch oven cherry cobbler for dessert.

First try for ABT's. Probably do a few chickens and maybe a pork roast. I had 2 days off last month and working the next 2 weekends so I'm not into any long cooks for awhile.

Kung Fu BBQ said:
@ about 4am saturday morning i'll be throwing a 13lbs turkey in the pit along with a Brisket. Mid afternoon I'll be adding some sausages and stuffed green peppers.

Dinner @ 6pm

i'll definitly be posting pics. this is my first big bird, I wanted something smaller but they were all frozen.

See you at 6........:mrgreen:

Back