will this temp controller work on a uds?

Hardly need it on a tight UDS. Only problem you may have is blowin ashes around inside.

Jeff S

Not sure why you would need one :confused: Also it's more expensive than what i spent on my UDS.

Yes, it will work on your UDS. I talked to a guy out in Des Moines, IA. that he and his buddy use them on theirs. I think there is a pic on the IQ website of the 2 UDS's that are camo'd up that is his. He said they work great.

Ken

It does cost more than I spent on my UDS, but I plan to get one. My drum acts a little different depending on what I'm cooking. One butt or some ribs and its set and forget. Four butts or just lots of anything and I get control issues a few hours into a cook. I plan to get one and use it in conjunction with my Maverick to monitor temps. Here is a review posted a few weeks ago.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99560

Like others have said, why would you need one with a properly built UDS? As an owner, user, builder and seller of drum smokers I see no need for one. But you may get different mileage than I do.

They work great on a UDS. I have one and love it. As I stated before, the UDS does a good job without one. However, there are times when the UDS can have issues. I find when smoking large volumes of butts for instance, the valve requires adjusting around 5 hours into the cooking. The iQue 110 lets me get some sleep with peace of mind. It does a great job at maintaining the temp where I want it.

my uds holds its temps well, but I feel I need to check it every hour or so. thinking this might give me a piece of mind so I can goto bed or a ball game or something.

Back