The MOAB Adventure

OK, so here are the plans: Arlin and I are going to drive up to Chicagoland on Tuesday June 9. It is about an 11 hr. drive. We will stay Wednesday, June 10, hoping to see as many of you farkers as possibe, meeting for a mini bash at the pizza place that Ron L suggested. We will be loading MOAB on Wednesday, and will need some help. Then we will be driving back home on Thursday the 11th.

So who all is in?????

We may go the Northern route (35-80)one way and the Southern route (70-55) on the other. Why you ask?

OK, so here are the plans: Arlin and I are going to drive up to Chicagoland on Tuesday June 9. It is about an 11 hr. drive. We will stay Wednesday, June 10, hoping to see as many of you farkers as possibe, meeting for a mini bash at the pizza place that Ron L suggested. We will be loading MOAB on Wednesday, and will need some help. Then we will be driving back home on Thursday the 11th.

So who all is in?????

Steve,
Thanks for nailing down a date (the 10th).

Now for us locals, can you touch on timing. Some work from home, others don't (Dive and I are minutes away Downtown)

Are you talking about meeting at the pizza place early, then going to load up MOAB at night?

Since Greg's place takes us further away, not closer, this order might be hard to do, if not impossible for me (don't know about Dive).

I won't get to my neighborhood till around 5:30pm-6pm, and the pizza place is another 45-60mins away. Greg's round trip for me is pretty close to 2hrs at that time of day.

Not trying to throw a kink in the chain, just trying to figure out what the plan is.

Gotta go catch a train now in fact!

Later

We may go the Northern route (35-80)one way and the Southern route (70-55) on the other. Why you ask?

Just wondering if you were passing through St. Louis for lunch. Not many great places, but we could make something work.

Steve,
Thanks for nailing down a date (the 10th).

Now for us locals, can you touch on timing. Some work from home, others don't (Dive and I are minutes away Downtown)

Are you talking about meeting at the pizza place early, then going to load up MOAB at night?

Since Greg's place takes us further away, not closer, this order might be hard to do, if not impossible for me (don't know about Dive).

I won't get to my neighborhood till around 5:30pm-6pm, and the pizza place is another 45-60mins away. Greg's round trip for me is pretty close to 2hrs at that time of day.

Not trying to throw a kink in the chain, just trying to figure out what the plan is.

Gotta go catch a train now in fact!

Later
That's what I'm trying to nail down from you farkers. Arlin and I am free Wed. for whatever. We want to see as many as we can. Open for lunch and dinner. Only must is to load the MOAB sometime Wed.
Just wondering if you were passing through St. Louis for lunch. Not many great places, but we could make something work.

Lets see if we can work something out. How close to I-70 are you?

I'm south just a tad. But only like 15 - 20 minutes. As long as I don't have a meeting I could meet up with you if it's around eating time. But if you wanna get home no worries I'll understand. I'll catch you sometime soon I hope :wink:.

Glad I caught this. I can have friends help with the loading during the day on Wednesday. No need for people to get down this way.

So far the week is quiet for me, but we'll see.

We could go to the pizza place where we met Big Brother Smoke in Joliet. It's not far from Greg's place and has easy access to I-55.

http://www.cemenospizza.com/index.html

Works for me. I have an engagment on the eveing of the 11th and should be the only thing on my schedule for that time frame.

That sounds good Ron-O.

That's what I'm trying to nail down from you farkers. Arlin and I am free Wed. for whatever. We want to see as many as we can. Open for lunch and dinner.

You really don't want me planning, cuz I'll fark it up :wink:

How about Wednesday, June 10th, at Cemeno's, 6-6:30ish?

If people want it earlier, or elsewhere, I can work something out with my work hours, but I'll need to do that by Friday.

You really don't want me planning, cuz I'll fark it up :wink:

How about Wednesday, June 10th, at Cemeno's, 6-6:30ish?

If people want it earlier, or elsewhere, I can work something out with my work hours, but I'll need to do that by Friday.

Sounds good. Who's all in?

I geuss I need to keep track of this thread now since I am at the end of the adventure. Or I could get a phone call maybe.................hmmmmmm, no too simple.

heh, glad to see you two coming up for a visit. I took this opportunity to roll the good old gal outside since I need the space and cover her in some plastic. She is ready and willing and able. What time do you expect to arrive on Tuesday, or what time are you leaving on Tuesday may be a better question.

I geuss I need to keep track of this thread now since I am at the end of the adventure. Or I could get a phone call maybe.................hmmmmmm, no too simple.

heh, glad to see you two coming up for a visit. I took this opportunity to roll the good old gal outside since I need the space and cover her in some plastic. She is ready and willing and able. What time do you expect to arrive on Tuesday, or what time are you leaving on Tuesday may be a better question.

I'll call you tomorrow big guy.

Back