cooking for 100

jsperk

Babbling Farker
My church is having a block party Saturday and asked me if I could cook pulled pork and ribs for 50 to 100. I can make whatever and when its gone it's gone. I figured maybe serve two bones and pulled pork sandwich. I think other people are having sides and stuff.

I never cooked that much and I'm thinking I should tell them that's to much for me to pull off.

I have two weber kettles and picking up a Kamado big Joe tomorrow.

He wants some stuff cooking at the even so the smell is going through the air.

I thought about cooking the butts Friday night and have them keep warm til serving on Saturday.

I don't know how I'm going to pull off the ribs I may tell them I can just do pulled pork. Any ideas and how much meat possibly? Or should I just tell them it's more than I ever done and be hard to pull off for me.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'd be careful serving pilled pork, especially at a church event :-D

Pulled pork is pretty easy so I would stick to that with your cookers. You really don't have room for many racks of ribs.

As far as the amount of pork, figure 1/3 lb. per serving, cooked weight. That's 2/3 lb per serving raw weight, so for 100 people you wold need 67 lbs. of raw pork. That's roughly 8 or 9 butts. That might be a tough fit on two kettles and a KJ.

Last edited:
Since you haven't done anything like this before plus what you're cooking on, I'd stick with the pulled pork. You might have to do a couple of cooks to get it all done though. Could always cook ahead if possible and reheat in pans adding a little AJ.

Back