Help with Wings

NCguyHere

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Gonna try smoking a batch of wings tonight for the first time. Was wondering if anyone has any tips/advice I can follow? Would like to do em up in about 2hrs as that what time will allow this evening. Can anyone tell me what temp I should focus on, or if there are any quick marinades/brining I can apply?
Thanks ya'll :-D

It takes a little longer than two hours, but when you get a chance check out this.....

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110651

Marty did a variation of Groundhog66's wings (which are amazing) and he included the link to Groundhog66's recipe. I tried wings for the first time on the 4th using a variation of that recipe and they were awesome.

c8978a95.jpg

I smoke wings at 275 - 300 degrees and it takes just a tad over two hours, I rub them in what ever Simply Marvelous I be in the mood for and then smoked them and pull them off and put them in a big bowl, add some Franks Buffalo wing sauce and some honey and cover them with plastic wrap and let them steam for about 1/2 hour, tossing in the bowl all the time to get even distribution of good stuff. I usually do 5 pounds at a time and they are the first to disappear...good luck

Thanks a ton guys! Was getting close to having to put them on. Those two threads are a heck of a starting point :thumb:

Back