What's your favorite use of mayonaise?

My grandmother use to make homemade mayonnaise and it was awesome. I will have to try Dukes. One of my favorite uses was on left over pieces of turkey. I also do a spice slather with mayo on poultry.

My grandmother use to make homemade mayonnaise and it was awesome. I will have to try Dukes. One of my favorite uses was on left over pieces of turkey. I also do a spice slather with mayo on poultry.

We made homemade that everyone ate by the spoons full till we discovered Dukes!

Hadn’t made homemade in a looooong time.

I've used Macho Mayo for a Macho Mayo Roasted Green Chile Prime Rib. :grin:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210766&highlight=macho+mayo

Tmjx38h.jpg

4zOgN6O.jpg

woZeUa6.jpg

FyvXK85.jpg

tTmrtgx.jpg

It was really tasty! :grin:

That looks really tasty, I’m curious to try both that and this Dukes everyone keeps talking about. Love mayonnaise but up here in the great white north we don't have all the types you guys are talking about.

According to Homer Simpson, the special ingredient in Moe’s (of Moe’s Tavern) Secret Sauce is, wait for it... mayonnaise that has sat in the sun!

I like mayo (without the sunshine) on my bacon wrapped hot dogs, with hot sauce, Tijuana-style!

I can eat dukes with anything. I made this dipping sauce once for fried green tomatoes and it was awesome. Basically dukes mayo and Texas Pete mixed to make a creamy hot sauce slathered on fried green tomatoes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That looks really tasty, I’m curious to try both that and this Dukes everyone keeps talking about. Love mayonnaise but up here in the great white north we don't have all the types you guys are talking about.

Thanks! I can't seem to find Macho Mayo anymore. Not sure if they still make it.

Have never tried Duke's. Looked up the ingredients and was disappointed to see it is made with soybean oil, something I've tried to avoid for years. Even their olive oil version lists soybean oil as an ingredient...canola oil too, another cheap new-age oil.

Saw it was originally created in 1917. Not sure but doubt soybean oil was used in anything back then. A little pricey but I'll stick with Sir Kensington's mayo made with either sunflower or avocado oil.

Back