Kick-ass ribeye with Mexican Corn

mikegtp

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I grilled up some ribeye steaks and Mexicn Elote on my Weber Performer. All of it was excellent. I made myself a great marinade and the steak really sucks up the flavor and it has great heat without overpowering the steak. Try it, you'll love it

juice of 1 lime
2 parts lite soy sauce
1 part sriracha sauce
1 onion sliced
marinate for 4 hours

the corn has butter, mayo, cotija cheese and chili powder. It is amazing

2250241620102849888S600x600Q85.jpg

2602334210102849888S600x600Q85.jpg

2466583400102849888S600x600Q85.jpg

I have never smoked ribs in singles. It could work, could allow for a full crust around every rib as well as a quicker smoke. The more I think about it, I might have to try a slab on the my webber. Or I could do it like my mom did when I was growing up, throw the cheapest bottle of sauce all over them and throw them in a crock pot for the day.

If you try out that steak marinade, if you would, post back with your thoughts of it.

Sure woulda liked to have seen a sliced shot of the steaks :cry: but they looked great.

I have never smoked ribs in singles. It could work, could allow for a full crust around every rib as well as a quicker smoke. The more I think about it, I might have to try a slab on the my webber. Or I could do it like my mom did when I was growing up, throw the cheapest bottle of sauce all over them and throw them in a crock pot for the day.

He wasn't smoking...he was grilling. (650 degrees)

So Mikegtp, does the siracha leave behind a little heat or a little heat and flavor? love the stuff just never crossed my mind to marinate and grill using it:confused: My loss, anyway let me know I would like to try that on a hangar steak or skirt. Thanks... Smoke on Brother!!:thumb:

Always like to see a different way to grill our fav steak. Thanks!

Smokeyokie- the sriracha leave heat as well and a little flavor which combines with the soy sauce and taste great. it is a little heat in your mouth, but doesn't linger

that marinade sounds great for a change up on a juicy ribeye...I will have to give it a whirl..thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing your process, great looking meal!

Back