Beans - UK Style!

CarbonToe

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I had big plans on cooking up a batch of beans on the WSM but again a massive downpour has forced me back into the kitchen!!!

I used 1Kg of dried beans (soaked overnight and then boiled/simmered for 80mins), I thought I'd try something new and went with a mixture of Black Eyed, Alubia, Red Kidney, Dutch Brown, Baby Lima, Butter, Flageolet, Black Turtle & Pinto and just to rock the boat I threw in some Green and Yellow Split Peas.

Mixed with the ingredients in the photo (Ketchup, Molasses Cane Sugar, liquid molasses, Beer (Asahi), Pulled Pork, cubed Smoked Pork Loin, dijion mustard, chopped onion, Blairs chilli sauce, crushed garlic, diced red peppers and some liqour from the soaked beans) and cooked on stove for 2 hours - 5 litres of beans!!!

I did pop a little liquid smoke in there to entensify the smoke flavour.

Magic!

Attachments

• Beans-01 Raw-Small.JPG
    Beans-01 Raw-Small.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 116
  • Beans-04 Ingredients-Small.JPG
    Beans-04 Ingredients-Small.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Beans-05 Cooking-Small.JPG
    Beans-05 Cooking-Small.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Beans-07 Spoon-Small.JPG
    Beans-07 Spoon-Small.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 113
Damn that looks good CT! Heck, it kinda looks like a colorful Brunswick stew.

Killer or should I say 'cool' beans Carbon Toe. Japanese beer huh? What's with the molasses cane sugar. Never seen it before.

Very nice looking pot o' beans.

Looks pretty good!!!!

Nice job CT....

Like the bumperstickers read....

"Beans, beans... They're good for your heart, the more you eat, the more you fart"....

Beans

Look absolutly outstanding,I made a pot of great white northern and for the smoke flavor I put a smoked Turkey wing in the mix, but those beans you've got going on AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Dang! That looks awesome! I'll PM you my address..

If I ever visit the UK, do you take in boarders? Good lookin eats there!

i think Big Mistas travel agency just got hit with a surge in requests for flights to the UK! that looks pretty good!

phil

Thanks for all your support, I sometimes feel that I'm fumbling along and it's great to be able to get support from like minded people. It's a pitty that we have a big lake between us as I would learn far faster and would be producing far better food if only you could look over my shoulder and tut!!!!! :lol:

You can tell that they weren't cooked on the smoker but the meat added a nice smokey taste that the liquid smoke lifts.

I've halved the sugar I normally use and have switched to Molasses Cane sugar which gives a deeper nutty taste. I also cut down on the Chilli sauce as my other half said the last batch were far too hot!!

I think I over did the meat as the meat/beans ratio ended up being 50/50 opppps!!! Oh well, a full meal in a bowl as they say!!! :razz:

Back