how many own their dream smoker?

did you take the plunge and purchase your dream smoker?

• yes. its everything I wanted

Votes: 50 44.2%
  • yes. I went way overboard, it's more than I need

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have a plan, I will one day

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I could never justify the purchase

Votes: 22 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
so the money is no object thread has me wondering.

who has actually purchased their dream smoker? was no expense spared? did you do big?

I would never be able to justify the cost or size of my "dream" cooker but it's fun to think about.

and yes there will be a test afterwards

Close to dream. Pic of it cranking away right now. Figure it's everything I ever wanted, more than I'd need, and there are more that I want and I can't really justify.
mmsg201.jpg

Dreams have a way of changing as time comes and goes, for me I started out small and eventually went big catering on some of the larger Lang models and added an NSF certified pellet unit along the way for venues that required it and for cooking at the house.

You'd think a man would be content with these eh?
b6RBCJ4l.jpg

NOPE!

For years ever since I layed eyes on some of Mr. Paul's videos for Shirley Fabrication I knew that was my dream smoker. Doctor's told me 10 years ago I'd be dead in 2 more due to some old injuries and complications, make's it hard to justify putting in an order and hoping you'll be around long enough to take delivery of it.

~Fast forward to two weeks ago, I happened to call the St. Louis BBQ store looking for an item and they had a floor model SF cabinet for sale!

We loaded up the truck and trailer and headed down in an ice and snow storm to get it, I treated her to a new set of Tel-Tru thermometer's and it's my real pride and joy to finally own one of these finely crafted cookers I am thrilled with how well it is made for me it's the true be all end all of dream smokers.
FXbVSRhl.jpg

Yeah this is one of those subjective questions … my current smoker is pretty much my dream smoker, but I can see that changing one day if I had more space and time on my hands.

One day I plan to make a rig specific for competing in which case I would likely step-up my smoker from my FEC-100 to something even bigger!

My Mak 1 star with the flame zone does everything I need it to do. Every time I consider if there is something better then I keep coming to the conclusion of not really. There are a lot of grills and smokers of different types I really want but they’re not better imo, just different. I really like different though lol

I don't even think about the cost for a dream smoker.
Heck I would have one heck of time picking out one of the many I have designed. Not sure I could. Still working on new designs.
After a design would be chosen, then I would have to think about the cost for a dream smoker/cooker/grill.

But the ones I built, and the ones I modified. All work much better than when purchased.

I guess I don't even know what that would be, there are so many fine units. The trick is in deriving joy and great eats from what you have. I know my simple PK grill can make some great, great Q. Can't wait for spring to fire up the Good One and see how it rolls.

I have my dream smoker as well. When I need the absolute best tasting bbq and capacity my LSG vertical is second to none in my arsenal. Absolutely no regrets except I wish I had more time to use it these days.

IMG_1440.jpg

My Shirley sure fits the bill of my dream smoker. She's got more room than I'll ever need but small enough to fire up for small cooks. Built exactly the way i wanted it. Just should have left of the front burner. Then i have a couple smaller dream cookers. They aren't huge but they work very well.
984285ba2a574856661298ef2e638ca9.jpg
3b5569b56a6619b0182f493df9a8c1b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I finally got my dream cooker after buying two other Shirley Smokers I got what I really wanted and listened to myself this time instead of other people spending my money saying go big , lol .

Attachments

• 35492566_10204841824081236_5090505838922039296_o[2].jpg
    35492566_10204841824081236_5090505838922039296_o[2].jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 613
My Shirley sure fits the bill of my dream smoker. She's got more room than I'll ever need but small enough to fire up for small cooks. Built exactly the way i wanted it. Just should have left of the front burner. Then i have a couple smaller dream cookers. They aren't huge but they work very well.

LOVE the bbq shed! :)

I still see room in there for a few more...

When I bought my smoker from LSG it truly was my dream cooker, however since then they introduced a 30" cabinet which would be my choice If I had to do it all over again today.

Back