Cookshack 200 - Looking for opions

markgerickson

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Greetings. I am looking into buying a bar/restaurant. I want to add a smoker to the menu. I have done bbq catering for the last two years. I have a lang 84 and southern pride 300 trailer. Looking at putting in a cookshack 200 series with a cookshack hood vent. Any reviews or comments.

pm crocke he has a cookshack he uses for his bbq truck works great

Greetings. I am looking into buying a bar/restaurant. I want to add a smoker to the menu. I have done bbq catering for the last two years. I have a lang 84 and southern pride 300 trailer. Looking at putting in a cookshack 200 series with a cookshack hood vent. Any reviews or comments.

Just curious if you you checked the Cookshack Forum?

Thanks for the suggestion on the cookshack forum. Never thought to look for one. I did end up buying the cookshack. Just can't wait to get it wired up.

with the other 2 smokers, why bother with the Cook shack?

Also i wanted something to use in the kitchen. The cookshack came with vent hood so it doesn't need to go under the main hood.

Don't know about MN, but in CA you can't use a mobile cooker for a restaurant. Cooker has to stay at the building.

I believe MN is similar in that area. This smoker had the necessary vent hood, it was in amazing condition, and it was hour drive. All plus's in my book.

Don't know about MN, but in CA you can't use a mobile cooker for a restaurant. Cooker has to stay at the building.

I believe MN is similar in that area. This smoker had the necessary vent hood, it was in amazing condition, and it was hour drive. All plus's in my book.

you can smoke outside of the restaurant in Mn, but you have to jump through a few hoops to do it

Last edited:
On a day like today its not bad to be outside smoking but when it gets -30 its not as much fun.

I guess the reason i asked is the food on the Cookshack will be nothing like your used to from the Lang or SP.

Only in your city?

Have done it here for years.

Not in my state, don't matter what city, has to be NSF, you can use a non NSF smoker at three events during the year for no more than 10 days total with all 3 events

I have known a few people who have used the cookshack smokers in a restaurant setting and they have been happy with the results. If it doesn't work we will look at another plan.

Hi Mark, you know that the cookshack is going to be "Gold" if you buy that bar;) just be glad
It's not an FE100! You would need some extra calamity insurance if it were an FE.

Guy - Your just saying those nice things cuz you want me to sell you a cambro. Have a great week.

Hi Dan, it may have been my first post, and thanks for the welcome.

Back