Phubar's Head oPh Loin Pron Pt.4

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
...with Pipe Rigate,Italian/American/Dutch Mac 'n Cheese style.

I've made a "raw" pasta dish in the UDS 1 time and it worked.
The technique is just to put uncooked pasta covered with sauce in a smoker.

I made 2 sauces...1 was whipped cream with garlic,parmigiano reggiano,chives,cellery seeds,lemon juice,salt,pepper and the other one was a tomato sauce (peeled tomatoes from a can,tomato paste,stem of tomatoes,garlic,onions,basil,lemon juice,salt,pepper,Maggi cube).

I'm having a very late night dinner,I'm gonna test the foods now...

BTW...I got the bacon from Brother Castelli from Belgium.....this is some other level kind of bacon!:cool:

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

Very cool Phu:clap2:. The tomato stems in the sauce is a new one for me:idea:, very interesting.

I've learned it from Heston Blumenthal...the stem holds lots of tomato flavor according to him.
If you're gonna test it out boil the stem with the sauce and after that throw the stem away.

Super nice looking dish my bro!!! I'm going to try the raw pasta thing, sounds like something fun to cook that would feed a lot of peeps.

Phubar..... You are such a tease. I keep looking at your pron. Hope the wife doesn't get suspicious. Like the stem idea.

Now THAT's Bacon!

This bacon is too good to be true Broer!
I'm only used to the salty bacon...this is some very well seasoned piece of pork that isn't so salty as I'm used to.
Everytime I'm gonna meet up with some Belgian members I'm gonna ask if they can bring me a few chunks.:becky:
Castelli also gave me some Breydel ham with that but I haven't tasted that one yet.
I love International Connections!:cool:

Mr Phu, the next time im in your neighborhood, im gona drop by and hope you feed me.

You HOPE I'm gonna feed you!?!:tsk:
You KNOW I'm gonna feed you!:cool:

Super nice looking dish my bro!!! I'm going to try the raw pasta thing, sounds like something fun to cook that would feed a lot of peeps.

I've done it with sliced raw taters and raw ground beef as well.
As long it is all covered in sauce it will turn out good.
If you wanna do a little test I suggest you start of with just taterslices covered in cream ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream ) mixed with salt,pepper,garlic and top it off with cheese.
I think you could also use milk instead of cream.

Sounds like a nice project for Little Miss Pretty.:becky:

Phubar..... You are such a tease. I keep looking at your pron. Hope the wife doesn't get suspicious. Like the stem idea.

Say Hi to the Wife!:thumb:

Looks phantastic Phu. Does all the moisture needed to cook the pasta come from the sauce and how long and at what temp do you cook it?

Looks phantastic Phu. Does all the moisture needed to cook the pasta come from the sauce and how long and at what temp do you cook it?

Yep...the only moisture comes from the sauces.
Just make sure that it is all covered.

I think I cooked it for a hour,I put it on at 250F somewhere and got it off at 350F....I just had all 3 intakes open all the time.

Back