Quick cook ideas?

Chicken and ribs is my go to when entertaining. Spatchcock or beer can chicken, and ribs any way you want. Easy Peasy.

After receiving all of your great ideas, I thought I should update the thread. Unfortunately, my son ended up sick Friday night, so we had to cancel the event. Oh well, we are back on later this month, and as I will have time to make some pulled pork, I am really looking forward to it

On a side note, I did look up Pig Shots, and finally cooked them tonight. They were good, but not as good as I was expecting. I think I made three mistakes though....

1) too much cream cheese,
2) not enough brown sugar
3) I got them ready an hour too early, so the sugar had soaked into the cream cheese by the time they went on the grill.

Still, they were good enough that I think I will have to try making them again.

On a side note, I did look up Pig Shots, and finally cooked them tonight. They were good, but not as good as I was expecting. I think I made three mistakes though....

1) too much cream cheese,
2) not enough brown sugar
3) I got them ready an hour too early, so the sugar had soaked into the cream cheese by the time they went on the grill.

Still, they were good enough that I think I will have to try making them again.

Funny thing. I did some pig shots yesterday, and for the first time, they sucked. I've made them several times before with fantastic results.

Another funny thing. You just diagnosed my problem too. I went overboard w/ the cream cheese and underboard with the brown sugar. I got Philly Cream Cheese this time, whereas before I've always bought the generic. It puffed up and had these little brown bumps all over it yesterday. It had a burnt taste too. I'll be going back to the generic the next time I do them. I think that the "lower quality" cream cheese might just be a better fit for smoking. Not sure, though. Also, they got done when no one was around and weren't very good an hour later when I served them. These are definitely an appetizer that should go straight from smoker to mouths.

Back