"Let's smoke a fatty"...or four...and a chimichanga...

SMOKE FREAK

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I wanted to enter the "Let's smoke a fatty" throwdown.

Well my first challenge was how to make four fatties from just one roll of sausage.

It worked best to smash em thin between wax paper and place em in the freezer to firm up a bit.

Then added some roasted Hatch peppers and a mix of cream cheese, refried black beans, and shredded cheddar.

When they were all rolled they got dusted with Naturiffic New Mexico spice blend.

And smoked em with Hickory on the lil ol' WSM.

On the grill I cooked up the raw tortillas.

On the tortillas I shmeared some more black bean refries and placed a fatty.

Fried em one at a time and set them indirect to stay warm.

Other than the fact that my tortillas were just a bit too small, they looked just fine.

And finally I plated a couple with some gravy made from green chile sauce and...some more black bean refries...Topped that with some fresh garden pico and served with some Mexican rice.

Oh yes. It was fantastic.

And as always thanks for checking it out.

Love the creativity! I can't wait to 'borrow' this idea. Never tried individual fatties before!

How much of that did you eat? I can't imagine even finishing one of those things.

Love the creativity! I can't wait to 'borrow' this idea. Never tried individual fatties before!

How much of that did you eat? I can't imagine even finishing one of those things.

I ate the whole thing. My wife just ate half.
The leftovers have no sauce or pico so I'm not sure how they will be eaten. But the will...

I agree with the others that this is a unique way to present a fatty, and may I add, totally freaking awesome! I predict that you are going to start a trend of different versions of this. Very nice!!!

Back