iQue 110

Big Jim BBQ

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I'm considering getting an iQue 110 to use with my UDS. I'd like some feed back from you guys with some pros and cons and whether or not it is worth the cost. Any promo codes around that you are aware of? Is the DigiQ worth the difference in cost since I already have a Maverick ET-732 thermometer or am I making an apples to oranges comparison.

Thanks for your advice.

I've used the iQue 110 on the CG Offset about a half dozen times now. It sure made my life easier by maintaining a consistent temp. I imagine consistent temps wouldn't be as much of a problem with a UDS due to its design. Cheers!!!

I've been considering either the iQue or a Guru too for a UDS.

I want to be able to get a good night's sleep on overnight cooks and not worry about it!

It looks like a great product. reviews seem mixed. from the greatest invention since fire to doesnt even come close to working. at 135 bucks, its a very well priced unit and you dont need to have computer networking skills either to use it.

I use one on my UDS and love it. It does exactly what it is supposed to do. I have no reservations about setting it and going to bed. I do have the alarm set on my Maverick and it is on the night stand beside me but I have had no issues at all. I don't believe you can beat it for the money. Money well spent :thumb:

I have one and have used it probably 5 times on my WSM. It does exactly what it's supposed to do - you set it and it holds the temp. I chose it over the other systems just because of the price. It's a no frills system, there's no logging or checking current status on your computer but if you just need something to hold your temp while you sleep or run errands then this will do the job.

Works great on my Stumps and would buy another..:thumb:

I've been using a Guru for two years now on my WSM. One of the best purchases I've made. Set your temp and not worry about it.

I have an 1Que 110 on my WSM, and it works great. I would expect it to work just as well on a UDS.

CD

I use my iq110 on my wsm, my weber 22 kettle, and my ceramic cooker, it does exactly what its supposed to do everything. It's a no frills unit, but that is what I wanted, and for the price you can't go wrong

I am interested in one as well. Does anyone know the specs on the power supplies that work with this unit? $17 for an AC adapter is a bit pricey when I probably have one around the house that will work.

I am interested in one as well. Does anyone know the specs on the power supplies that work with this unit? $17 for an AC adapter is a bit pricey when I probably have one around the house that will work.

Mine came with an AC adapter cord.

CD

The unit comes with a power cord, somewhere he has a video hooking the unit up to batteries just incase the cord breaks

I've got one and like it. No frills - but it works. Dependent upon how efficient your particular cooker is, you may need to choke down the air flow. The fan is a 5 to 15 as I recall and can push a lot of air in hurry which is why I think some folks have problems. After all, its designed for a kettle/WSM neither of which are air tight IMHO. Best price for a pit controller if that's all you want. If you want the bells and whistles or will want them in the future - go ahead and bite the bullet. You'll be happier and will save money by not purchasing a pit master twice. You can always get one and sell it later. I think they go around $100 on this site and craigs list.

Another option if you're still deciding...I just used the unit from Auber Inc on an overnight brisket burn last night on my UDS. Literally lit 15 coals, threw them on top of the basket, set it and forget it. Nailed brisket for the first time with its help.

Edit: it has a damper and I set it up so it's blower is the only intake.

I have one on my uds and I love it. Just did 2 butts overnight for about 16 hrs. Same temp when I got up as it was when I went to bed. I do think that it causes me to use a little more lump but I can live with that. Great buy for a great product.

I have the DigiQ DX2 and I'm very happy with it. I can't, however, tell you that you should buy it instead of the 110. It does have some bells and whistles that the 110 doesn't have but like you said, You have some digital meat probes. I compared the two when I was shopping and just decided I wanted the bells and whistles. I liked the user interface a little better on the DigiQ. It also works really well but I bet the 110 will maintain a pit temperature just as well as the DigiQ will.

Overall, the 110 is probably the better deal. If you have multiple pieces of meat on the pit that you need to monitor internal temps, the DigiQ can only monitor one of them. What I WILL say is that having this level of control over the pit temperature is an awesome addition to your cooking arsenal. Whichever one you buy, you will be very happy.

Back