Anyone else heard or Fake News?

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
Smithfield Farms, the largest pork producing farm in the USA was sold recently to China with the unanimous support of its stockholders!! The hogs will still be raised here, but slaughtered and packaged for sale there before being sent back here. This includes labels of Morrell, Eckrich, Krakus, Cudahy, Premium Hams, Cook's, Gwaltney, The same with many chickens. They can now be shipped there, but when they come back all that needs to be labeled is that they WERE RAISED IN THE USA. Not that they were processed in China!!! Our great FDA at work again. The chickens will be all processed and most sold to fast food restaurants for sandwiches, along with schools and supermarkets. The China slaughter and processing are not nearly equal to the requirements herei
*BAD FOOD:::
We recently learned that Starkist Tuna is now owned by Korea , and is in big conflict with the U. S. concerning quality, safety, and records, which Korea refuses to produce.
Read several articles on Google about this, and even one that was defending the eating of tilapia said to avoid the fish that came from China Also,I had just returned home from buying Albertson's 4-day special of 4 bags of frozen tilapia for the price of one.? Sure enough, on the top of the bags, it read "farm raised", and on the bottom in small print it said, " China "read all the way down...
Recently a Food inspector on TV... said he had lived overseas and he had seen the filthy conditions their foods are raised and processed in. It is enough to make you throw up. Some foreign workers have to wear masks as they work in these places, because the food is so rotten and filthy, it makes them want to throw up. Many of their fish on Fish Farms are fed raw sewage daily. He said he has seen so much filth throughout their food growing and processing that he would "never" eat any of it. They raise this filth, put some food coloring and some flavorings on it, then they ship it to the USA & Canada for YOU to consume and feed to YOUR families. They have no Food & Safety Inspectors. They ship it to you to buy and poison your families and friends .
Imported food we eat and the junk we buy: Green Giant frozen vegetables are from China, and so are most of Europe 's Best.
Arctic Gardens are Okay. So is Birdseye.
Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or Canada, the other stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than chicken droppings). China is the largest producer of garlic in the world; U. S. is next.
Buy only local honey *, much honey is shipped in huge containers from China and re-packed here.
Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria. Doesn't work anyway, big scam.
If the country of origin is not clearly marked beware. If produce, ask an employee.
Watch out for packages which state "prepared for", "packed by" or "imported by". We don't understand the lack of mandatory labeling, especially the produce.
The country of origin should be clearly shown on the item in the store.
Go to the local farmers' markets in season and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year.
Please read this very carefully, and read to the very bottom. It's important for all of us.
How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper than having it produced in the U. S. or Canada?
FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '. SO, FOR A FEW MORE CENTS, BUY THE LIBERTY BRAND.
GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE IS FROM CALIFORNIA.
Beware, Costco sells canned peaches and pears in a plastic jar that come from China.
ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR INDONESIA . THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT. MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT WHERE THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.
Recently The Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Government on how Chinese feed the fish: They suspend chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken droppings.
If you search the internet about what the Chinese feed their fish, you'll be alarmed; e. g, growth hormones, expired anti-biotic from humans.? Never buy any type of fish or shellfish that comes from these countries: Vietnam, China, Philippines.
Check this out personally. Steinfeld's Pickles are made in India - just as bad! Another example is in canned mushrooms. No-Name brand came from Indonesia .
Also, check those little fruit cups. They used to be made in Canada in the Niagara region until about 2 years ago. They are now packaged in China. Most sold in Aldi stores.
While the Chinese export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous toys, and goods to be sold in North American markets, the media wrings its hands! Yet, 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended.
Well, duh! Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?
SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, CANADA AND THE U. S.
Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.
THINK ABOUT THIS:
If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast! The downside? Some Canadian/American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory.
Just one month of trading losses will hit the Chinese for 8% of their North American exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness are worth it.
START NOW and don't stop and tell your friends.
Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are intelligent, and NOBODY can take us for granted. Start reading labels more closely and buy something else even if it cost a few cents more.*

I stopped eating tilapia not long after I found it in the store due to a few articles, I cant see the savings shipping any animal overseas then back, makes no sense to me when the company's already have plants set up here, every single part is used here already and I mean every part, coarse it has been a long time since I seen a hogs hair brush lol

There are big time import tariffs on pork. I don't think it is a coincidence that they bought Smithfield and another Asian country bought Lifetyme or whatever it is that is Canada's biggest pork producer. Then all of a sudden, Asia is ravaged by the swine flu. It is all a ploy and everything propped up by China's government because they have no natural resources to exploit.

I stopped eating tilapia not long after I found it in the store due to a few articles, I cant see the savings shipping any animal overseas then back, makes no sense to me when the company's already have plants set up here, every single part is used here already and I mean every part, coarse it has been a long time since I seen a hogs hair brush lol

Hogs hair brushes are still around but you have to be careful when buying them to ensure it’s real. I have a couple of them for my beard. They work great!

Yes this has been a problem, the Smithfield sale was about 5 years ago and then they started the shipping of the slaughtered meat to be packaged about two years ago. This article should be sent to everyone so that they know. The diversion of the media plays a big part of keeping The People from being fully informed of how their food products are being processed.

Who knew that almost of our antibiotics are from china ? I hope that this corona virus problem amplifies how dependent we are on foreign countries. How did we get there ? America first ? How many more jobs could be created by requiring everything be made or processed in the U.S..... Canada ..... Thanks for the post and awareness.

Explain to me why hogs cannot be processed in the United States. No hog chit.
they can be, and all of this food and packaging can be done here as well, however the private sector deemed it more profitable to do it elsewhere (capitalism)

Thanks for the Copy/Paste, Mike... but.... reference(s)?

If the words are from somewhere reputable, that's one thing, but if it's from some random nut job on FB.... that's quite another.

I remember discussing the Smithfield/China topic here a few years ago.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/smithfield-foods-china/

Starkist Tuna was purchased by S Korea in 2008.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarKist

edited to add...
I read labels and buy American made products, especially meats and seafood.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Copy/Paste, Mike... but.... reference(s)?

If the words are from somewhere reputable, that's one thing, but if it's from some random nut job on FB.... that's quite another.

You got that right. I read the first part of the post about Smithfield farms and then found this
https://www.smithfieldfoods.com/madeinusa

After that I lost interest in the authors rambling . There may be some validity to what's said but when it all starts out with misinformation why continue on?

I remember close to 15 years ago when we were living in Amsterdam that there was a television program about the lives of cows in the EU. They're born in one country, shipped to another for a month or two and then again and again, all throughout Europe, each time the farms getting subsidies from their country's government. In a few years, they might have eaten at grass in over a dozen countries and traveled 1000s of kilometers (Euromiles). Then they were shipped to Morocco to be butchered and packaged, and then shipped back to supermarkets in the EU. I can't remember how many times the subsidies covered the cost of the meat in the end. In any case, for some reason, the OP reminded me of that.

"Fake news", indeed. Gotta appreciate the irony.

The only reason why any corporation does anything in another country is to expand its bottom line.

Boar bristle shaving brushes anyone! :thumb:

Like adulterated OLIVE OIL and HONEY, be very careful what you buy. Why the FDA and US Customs cannot stop Olive Oil imports that are really Canola Oil with Chlorophyll is beyond me. :mad: :deadhorse:

Sure California Olive oil costs ~$8 for a Liter at Walmart but, really, how much do you need each week?

Tilapia is also substituted frequently in restaurants for more expensive fish which is very hard to detect when fried or heavily seasoned. It is so prevalent that I generally will not order a fish dish at a normal restaurant.

I have personally raised Tilapia in East Texas and I really don't get it. These fish are extremely efficient at converting feed into fish weight and they grow extremely fast too!

Where is Greta Thunberg when you need her? :drama: Growing fish and chickens in the USA and then shipping them half way around the world to be repackaged and returned? :shocked: :mad2: :deadhorse:

Last edited:

The FDA and USDA should all be fired.

And no, I'm not xenophobic. I just don't want my food and medicines to be adulterated with Melamine and other toxic substitutes to save 3 cents per ton or cargo shipload! :mad2:

Country of Origin labels should be easy for consumers to find and UNDERSTAND! This should include not only where it was grown or made but, where it was processed and packaged too!

They can do it for cars, why not food for ourselves and our children?

Oh, that's right. Food doesn't have the political influence of the UAW!

Back