Dog Days of Summer – Again!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Having plenty of leftover Hot Dog Chili from Friday (and the Dog Days of Summer Throwdown going on here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231937) I decided to remake all 3 of my favorite dogs. The first time I made them, the buns were huge and came apart as I was plating them up. (That’s why you couldn’t see the dog in two of them)

I started out by making up some Cherry Dump Cake Cobbler. Here are the ingredients.

Buttered up my Dutch Over and dumped in the cherry filling and cake mix.

I leveled it out some and then sprinkled on some cinnamon and brown sugar.

I then thinly sliced a stick of butter and placed it on top.

I put in in my preheated, to 325, kamado for 35 minutes covered and 5 minutes uncovered. Here it is done.

I then put on some hot dogs and 1 brat.

While they were cooking we heated up the chili and got out all the condiments. Turned the dogs.

While they were finishing cooking I got out the sesame seed buns and when everything was ready, I made up the dogs and poured myself a Modern Times Blazing World Hoppy Dank Amber Ale. From left to right is a Chili Cheese Dog, a Chicago Dog and finally a Bratwurst with Mustard and Sauerkraut. All served up along with some corn on the cob, some fresh cut watermelon and cherry cobbler a la mode.

I starved myself all day because I knew I was making these and they again didn’t disappoint.

Thanks for looking.

We were reading your post and Tom told me I was salivating. haha I wiped the corners of my mouth and he was right. :oops:great job. Why are all your pics so beautiful? Great job thanks for sharing....

Having plenty of leftover Hot Dog Chili from Friday (and the Dog Days of Summer Throwdown going on here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231937) I decided to remake all 3 of my favorite dogs. The first time I made them, the buns were huge and came apart as I was plating them up. (That’s why you couldn’t see the dog in two of them)

I started out by making up some Cherry Dump Cake Cobbler. Here are the ingredients.

Buttered up my Dutch Over and dumped in the cherry filling and cake mix.

I leveled it out some and then sprinkled on some cinnamon and brown sugar.

I then thinly sliced a stick of butter and placed it on top.

I put in in my preheated, to 325, kamado for 35 minutes covered and 5 minutes uncovered. Here it is done.

I then put on some hot dogs and 1 brat.

While they were cooking we heated up the chili and got out all the condiments. Turned the dogs.

While they were finishing cooking I got out the sesame seed buns and when everything was ready, I made up the dogs and poured myself a Modern Times Blazing World Hoppy Dank Amber Ale. From left to right is a Chili Cheese Dog, a Chicago Dog and finally a Bratwurst with Mustard and Sauerkraut. All served up along with some corn on the cob, some fresh cut watermelon and cherry cobbler a la mode.

I starved myself all day because I knew I was making these and they again didn’t disappoint.

Thanks for looking.

MURICA!!!:dancer:

We were reading your post and Tom told me I was salivating. haha I wiped the corners of my mouth and he was right. :oops:great job. Why are all your pics so beautiful? Great job thanks for sharing....
Thank you Mrs B.

They didn't start out that way. After joining the Throwdowns and submitting entries I noticed that many of the entry photos were much better quality than mine. I then read the Photography Tips thread here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96575

Lots of good information in there. My one most important tip and the one thing that improves your photography the most is using a tripod for that "Money" shot. The next thing is thinking about that money shot before you start your cooking. Picture in your mind what you want it to look like first and then go about making it as close to that picture as you can.

Your whole cook looks fantastic! I'm going to have to make dogs soon, this TD has me craving them. :grin:

Back