Worcestershire Sauce: Does The Brand Matter To You???

Not one mention of Holbrooks!

Might be an Aussie brand.

037774.jpg

I've always bought this one. L&P when there is no Holbrooks, but really cannot tell the diff.

Cheers!

Bill

Squeeze in some anchovy paste if you want. Stuff is delicious without it.

B&B W sauce is more like A-1.

Try Wizards and you'll likely never use the others again.

Doubtful, you can't compare Worchestershire to A-1. I would never interchange them for my beef jerky recipe.

I absolutely like L&P ...had some wal mart brand and it was horrible IMO....also tried B&B which is supposed to be the new end all but I guess I’m just a dinosaur, too many wonderful memories of Papa Rock putting L&P with the paper wrap on steak growing up.....to each his own and that’s what makes life great.....I will have to say there is something called “Hoover” sauce which was developed in the Mississippi Delta, while it’s not regular Worchester sauce, it has an oriental whang to it that on some pork is wonderful.....JMHO

+1 on Hoover sauce! I use it to add a little marinade to filets before going on the grill. Have to watch it nowadays cuz I’ve cut way back on things with too much salt content. That’s why soy sauce is out now.

Surprised no one has mentioned Bear & Burton's W sauce.
I picked some up a while back but have only really used it in marinades and such so far.

Speaking of L&P and steak sauce, does anyone remember L&P steak sauce? It was the only steak sauce I've found that I like better than just eating my steak plain. It was heavy on the W but still different than the W sauce. I guess it's discontinued as I can't find it in stores or online.

Speaking of L&P and steak sauce, does anyone remember L&P steak sauce? It was the only steak sauce I've found that I like better than just eating my steak plain. It was heavy on the W but still different than the W sauce. I guess it's discontinued as I can't find it in stores or online.

Ive had it. It was on the sweet side. I liked it. Theres a few brands that make a sweet steak sauce. Local to me is a grocery store called Giant. They make a great steak sauce. If you have ever had Golden Corral steak sauce its spot on.

Finally got around to trying W sauce. I mostly agree with the consensus here, not a good sub for L&P. Yet I don't think it is bad, has potential as a decent pork marinade. Next time I have some pork shoulder steaks I'm going to mix 1/3 Sambal Oelek and 2/3 W and marinade the steaks for 2 -3 days then grill.

Back