***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Pub Grub" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Pub Grub" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Pub Grub"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 1/29.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]campdude[/size]
1514260_campdude.jpg

[size=+2]---k---[/size]
1515801_---k---.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
1516545_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]Redhot[/size]
1517181_Redhot.jpg

[size=+2]BigButzBBQ[/size]
1519335_BigButzBBQ.jpg

[size=+2]BBQ Grail[/size]
1519501_BBQ_Grail.jpg

[size=+2]King[/size]
1519774_King.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1520652_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]Ron L[/size]
1520994_Ron_L.jpg

[size=+2]deguerre[/size]
1521373_deguerre.jpg

[size=+2]Groundhog66[/size]
1521586_Groundhog66.jpg

[size=+2]Shiz-Nit[/size]
1521662_Shiz-Nit.jpg

[size=+2]bluetang[/size]
1522329_bluetang.jpg

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
1522487_SmokinAussie.jpg

[size=+2]The BBQ QB[/size]
1522658_The_BBQ_QB.jpg

[size=+2]lunchman[/size]
1522711_lunchman.jpg

[size=+2]Meat Burner[/size]
1522769_Meat_Burner.jpg

All great entries, something tells me I'm gonna have to think about this one for awhile before voting.

All great entries. It was tough but my buddy Gore's wings just spoke to me. Gore if you don't want them send them to me I will eat them.

This is tough... my mind is flip flopping back and forth from American Bar food to Irish Pub food. I think the Irish pub entries might have been stronger, but the Americans seem to be moving my stomach needle more... I'm going to have to give this a few days to decide.

Toughest one yet... man there is not a single entry there that I would not be happy with in a pub... or at home for that matter.

no perogies? im surprised. Perogies and brats with some bacon saour krat would be awesome!

All look Great Very tough decision. Ron your looks like a dish my son use to talk about when he had to go to England- Bangers and Mash This was a Great contest

All great entries. It was tough but my buddy Gore's wings just spoke to me. Gore if you don't want them send them to me I will eat them.

Sorry Al, I know I could've sent Ninja over there with them, but I felt that if you'd actually tasted them, you wouldn't vote for them. :becky:

Well Gore, so far Erin and Michele are tied with you and me. How long you figure that will last?:rolleyes:

Well Gore, so far Erin and Michele are tied with you and me. How long you figure that will last?:rolleyes:

I'm sure in reality, they're actually in the lead (I'm sure Chris can confirm this), but I take it as a moral victory. :thumb:

I just ran the latest polling data through and it shows you losing by a wide margin, but the European Model says you lost before you even posted, no matter what happens with the voting!:shock: Actually, this European Model looks pretty good, I think I might just go with it.

Also, the ENIAC has finished tabulating the results of the Forward Entry vs Rear Entry data (I like going retro, even if it means waiting).

There were 42 Throwdowns where I had sufficient data to compare the order entries were made (From 2010 Week 16 through 2011 Week 1). Of these 42 Throwdowns, 5 entries made up front won, and 5 entries that entered at the rear won. So from that perspective, it seems there is no difference.

However, if we throw out the wins as a qualifier, and look for which got the most votes overall, those who entered up front, or those who entered at the rear (sum of all votes from all 42 Throwdowns for these two positions), they are not as equal. In this case, Entering at the Front yielded 438 votes, while Rear Entry received 459 votes.

So, in terms of winning, they seem to be equal. But in terms of scoring, entering at the rear seems to result in 4.7% more votes.

Interesting, so both these positions are equally lucky. What is the average number of entries? If more than 8, suggests that entering up front or from the rear are luckier positions than the others. It seems we've been getting way more than that on average.

Gore, Gore, Gore...love that grub. That's what I would order in a pub.

The average number of entries in those 42 Throwdowns was 12.02380952381, rounded up.

However, entering 5th also resulted in 5 wins, so entering 5th is also just as lucky as entering first or last apparently...so here is the list of entry positions (that had a winner), and the total number of wins by that position (ordered by most wins to fewest). As you can see, 5 positions were nearly as lucky as First, Last or 5th.:becky:

FIRST - 5
LAST - 5
5th - 5
2nd - 4
3rd - 4
4th - 4
6th - 4
8th - 4
7th - 3
10th - 2
11th - 2
9th - 2
12th - 1
13th - 1
15th - 1
19th - 1

Gore, Gore, Gore...love that grub. That's what I would order in a pub.

Oh my, they're writing poetry about my food, now. The sad part is they're the entry I'm most embarrassed about. :icon_blush: Thanks, ... but they're icky wings. You know, I could've gotten thighs for about half the price and I could have made those thighs taste really good. I even thought about doing thighs and trying to pass them off as wings, but I figured there wasn't any chance of that working. :tsk: Of all the entrees here, that is the only one that I want no part of. Chris, can I vote against mine?

Chris, can I vote against mine?
Why bother? You entered 8th. Since the First, Last and 5th entries were campdude, Meat Burner and BigButzBBQ (respectively), it's one of them that is going to get the most votes obviously. Based on the trending data so far, and exit polling, it seems pretty clear one of these has this thing wrapped up. CNN is going to declare their projection of the winner any moment now.

natpkg.america.votes.elex.cnn.640x360.jpg

Hey, somebody ought to upgrade that graphic with the right year....oh, hey.

This just in from the CNN Election Headquarters. Our team of highly trained rabbits have been pouring through the polling data, measured against historical figures, and mashed that up against various charts and carrots, and have declared the winner of this Throwdown to be....

BIGABYTE!

Woo-hoo! I never thought I would win! Thanks guys, you ROCK!:rockon:

Back