BBQ Brethren "Sweet and Spicy" Throwdown!

Iff'n I may, I'd like to set the bar low.....
my cook thread.....http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145125

I present to you my take on sweet and spicy...
biscuits with butter and honey and chicken rubbed with PlowBoys Yardbird

sweet_n_spicy.jpg

Candied ghost peppers? Anyone?

Hey, that just made me drool though I have a sneaking suspicion I may need to take the seeds and ribs out of a ghost pepper in order to use it. Hey, what about those rare Kardashian peppers Cowgirl has in her signature? Anyone caught one of those elusive guys?

Hey, that just made me drool though I have a sneaking suspicion I may need to take the seeds and ribs out of a ghost pepper in order to use it. Hey, what about those rare Kardashian peppers Cowgirl has in her signature? Anyone caught one of those elusive guys?

The Kardashians scare me a little bit.

Kaskashian. They're dried. I've got some. Good stuff. I'm also sworn to secrecy.

Official entry and such

1st Cedar planked salmon try. We took a little different approach to the Sweet and Spicy TD. After watching all the great salmon being posted here of late, had to try it last weekend so here goes:

A good Friend turned me on to some cedar planks:

a0yjur.jpg

Soaked for about 6 hours:

2gxl09i.jpg

The spice part is lemon pepper and garlic powder:

2lxe76.jpg

On the plank skin side down. Great Smell! :

14k89p2.jpg

Just off and resting:

107ryxc.jpg

Plated with sides (please use this one for the TD) :

1z52jh4.jpg

And then LuzziAnn went to baking yesterday for the Sweet part. A 100+ year old chocolate pie recipe:

2ih3tea.jpg

4kwbyh.jpg

Thanks for Lookin'

I'lkl try my hand at my first throwdown. You regulars have nothing to fear as I take crappy pics. These are even crappier than usual since I can't find my camera and had to use my cell. My first idea has such washed out pics I will have to go to my back up.

Prime Black Angus New Yprk Strip with a Santa Maria style rub, in the rear is an onion coated with olive oil and a dusting of Big Ron's Hint of Houston for some kick and the dessert is a Granny Smith oiled and dusted with Oakridge BBQ'S Habenero Death Dust rub. Finished off with a core of Mozzarella cheese and a drizzle of Honey...

2012-10-07200541-4.jpg

Close up of the sweet and spicy apple. I hate the pics are so bad, they definitely do not do justice...

2012-10-07180815.jpg

Plated shot with all the sides was too washed out to use. There was some grilled Jalapeno infused rolls, Mayo slathered and Simply Marvelous Sweet n Spicy dusted sweet corn, and some potato salad...

Back