rib spray or mop

royfraz

Reaction score
I viewed a topic on here last week or the week before, and somebody made a suggestion of apple juice, cider vinegar, and some kind of bourbon I believe If somebody remembers I would appreciate some help, just want to try something new on my new WSM this weekend.
Thanks,
Roy

I use a mix of 60/40 of Apple Juice and Jack Daniels. Just keep in fridge when you are finished, or it will go bad.

Neither. I did do a simple glaze once at the very end, but otherwise no mopping and no spraying and no foiling. But, that's just my personal preference. :)

I don't mop, but I do one spray halfway through the cook and then glaze 10 -15 minutes before the end of the cook. I try not to open the cooker any more than necessary. "If you're lookin', you're not cookin'" :-D

sounds good for some reason i thought somebody had a cherry flavored bourbon or something that sounded off the wall to me, maybe it was just a drunk night coming home. Thanks for the input fellas.

sounds good for some reason i thought somebody had a cherry flavored bourbon or something that sounded off the wall to me, maybe it was just a drunk night coming home. Thanks for the input fellas.

I saw that too....it was Jim Beam Red Stag (Black Cherry Flavored)....sounded good to me!

No spray I just put in butter,brown sugar, maybe some jalap jelly, and diced green chiles.....everything pretty much turns to liquid....oh yummy

sometimes I will through in some southern comfort oh ya !:thumb:

jim beam black cherry tastes like crap. might be great for cooking but not with coke,

I cooked 12 racks last week for a wedding party. Sprayed with apple and water. Came out great, took about 4-5 hours. Best of all no one asked where the BBQ sauce was.

I do some ribs in which many of the ingredients are Cherry. Cherry wood for smoke. Cherry juice, cranberry juice and Jack spray and a Cherry glaze. Looks like I'll have to get some of that Jim Beam Black Cherry to complete the package!

I spray half Jack and half olive oil. After seeing some of the responses, I will be doing some more experimenting.

Back