4th Of July Post As You Will Cooking Thread!

Will post pics when I put the corn and taters on. Right about the time when I'll peek at the chuckie.

Everybody's cooks look great so far.

Scotch ale brew and a pork shoulder que:

4_07_zps2e4ac059.jpg

4_05_zps3b68b441.jpg

Redhot crunchied up some thick cut bacon, and sauteed the celery and onion just enough where it still had some good crunch. In bacon grease of course. Chopped a couple Mt. Olive Kosher dill pickles and opened a can of sliced black olives (Got lazy).

Then I minced some fress dill weed.

Bacon_zps7abbe469.jpg

bacon1_zpse3721bf7.jpg

bacon2_zpse184eae3.jpg

bacon3_zps7752a0c8.jpg

bacon4_zps98139e1d.jpg

Redhot crunchied up some thick cut bacon, and sauteed the celery and onion just enough where it still had some good crunch. In bacon grease of course. Chopped a couple Mt. Olive Kosher dill pickles and opened a can of sliced black olives (Got lazy).

Then I minced some fress dill weed.

Bacon_zps7abbe469.jpg

bacon1_zpse3721bf7.jpg

bacon2_zpse184eae3.jpg

bacon3_zps7752a0c8.jpg

bacon4_zps98139e1d.jpg

Oh my. :shocked:

Tater Salad's done.

In it went the taters, about 12~15, forgot count. A few had tough skins so they got peeled. The bacon, celery, onion, pickle, black olives and dill weed.

The dressing was 1 cup white wine vinegar, 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup stone ground prepared mustard, 3 tbs turbinado sugar and a couple teaspoons cracked black pepper. No additional salt as the taters were cooked with a sprinkling, and the bacon and dill pickle added salt too. Used one cup of this mixture. Have about a cup reserved.

Here tis...

salad1_zpsd9479583.jpg

salad_zps9581a26b.jpg

No additional salt required for the cook. :thumb:

I'm debating about adding some sour cream...

Lots of good eats in this thread! I did my grilling yesterday.. I didn't know what we were going to do so I smoked some tenderloin on the kettle first for sammies at work then went to grilled chicken also on the kettle..I am so happy that I bought that last weekend... BTW anyone know how to get the kettle to 4-500 deg and still be able to cook indirect?

I've been able to get the kettle up to 400 for roasting indirect so I'm sure 500 is attainable.

I don't what the temp is when I do steaks on the kettle but it's pretty hot if I light a whole chimney and have everything wfo.

Ribs are three hours in. Bout 1 1/2 at 225 which is where it settled in initially then I bumped it up to 275 or so for the second 1 1/2. I've glazed them with a mixture of BigButz BBQ Cranberry and BigButz BBQ Napalm, about 3 to 1. No glaze pic as I needed to close it. Here they are pre glazing.

ribs4_zps071e95e9.jpg

Back