Tons of BBQ Recipes......enjoy

gotwood

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Cant remember where I got these...or when. Possible others already have them. But, they are clean and lots to choose from for ideas or just plain stealing the recipe.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i0mynmmkgyy/BBQ_Recipes.zip

I put this file in this media server so dont worry about virus.

download, unzip and browse......has a decent category search also

Holy crap that's a lot of recipes. Thanks for sharing!

Great store of recipes, but I personally don't care for the formatting. And what is mxpview.exe? Why are you including some unmentioned executable file in what is supposed to be a bunch of recipes?

seattlepitboss

I cant open it?

Try unzipping all the files before you try opening any. Worked for me.

And yes, that's a lot of recipes. Thanks. It will take me years to try everything I've gotten off this forum in 1 week.:-D

Great store of recipes, but I personally don't care for the formatting. And what is mxpview.exe? Why are you including some unmentioned executable file in what is supposed to be a bunch of recipes?

seattlepitboss

Courtesy of google. Looks like it is a freeware program that enables you to look at a file in the MasterCook recipe format if you don't have MasterCook:

mxpview.jpg

That's the mother load from the old barbecue list. There are some very good ones. I can open it with Firefox.

seattlepitboss

Like I said....it's safe and virus free. It's a program that basically open up
datafile and sorts it in various means.

I also have some recipes that are opened using a browser...I'll try to get them either here or another thread.

Try the one labeled "Jamaican Jerk Sauce 3". Been using that one for a couple of years. I assume it's intended for chicken, and it is very good on chicken. Discovered last weekend that is even more gooder on pork loin. There is a whole pork loin marinating in my basement fridge right now. Made one last week for a family reunion and didn't get much for myself. The 2 slices I got were dang fine. I mean this is really good.

Just another point....there are some items that are not recipes. They are briefs on subjects like Collagen Breakdown, Marinades, Aging meat etc....

To Clarify something...when you extract the files you should get two folders. They are identical in regards to the recipes they contain.
One uses a simple browser to view. Problem is there is no Categories.

The second uses a small program to open up the files and present them broken down how you wish.....i.e. Categories.

I can't remember who had the original files, but I was the one who assembled them into a .zip package for sharing under the original thread found here

Basically, the .exe viewer is just another format for viewing the same files available from the .html page. I preferred the .html versions myself.

Whomever came up with the original files was genius though. There are a little over 1800 recipes in that package, and I still use it today to try different stuff. Thanks for reviving the package, and I would recommend it for download for anyone who doesn't have it.

Well this should keep me busy for a while! Thanks to everyone who worked on this.

Back