THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meat Meets Meat

Knows what a fatty is.
Had to share a few pics. I call him Wee Man
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349567791.427885.jpg

Installed a Brinkman thermometer, we'll see how accurate it is
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349567858.527589.jpg

Cut out the bottom of the pot and put a charcoal grate from an 18.5 kettle in the bottom
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349567939.243032.jpg

And a base to a pot as the diffuser.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349567992.929794.jpg

Now I need to decide what his first cook will be. Thanks for taking a look!

Looks good ...I gotta tell you I Liked my first one so much I made a second and amazed at how well they really work.. I get like 6 hours on a burn or more ..I have mine Just like you do with the terra cotta diffuser ,If I want hotter temps I use a stainless diffusser.. Looks Great Have Fun !:clap2:

Nice job. I have to finish the one I started a couple of months ago. I already cut the bottom of the pot out, bought the 18.5" charcoal grate and clay saucer, thermometer and stainless steel hardware to put it together. I have been procrastinating on making a charcoal basket instead of just using what I have.

I have one I made with a SJS and then remade with a SJG. Now I gotta get another tamale pot so I can have a pair of minis

Double-Barrelled smoking mod!

Nice job. I have to finish the one I started a couple of months ago. I already cut the bottom of the pot out, bought the 18.5" charcoal grate and clay saucer, thermometer and stainless steel hardware to put it together. I have been procrastinating on making a charcoal basket instead of just using what I have.

Any tips on what to use for a charcoal basket/ring?

Back