Unlikely Source For Good Whole Chickens

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Target! Thats right, Target of all places has whole birds that are under 4 lbs. They are also all natural, so no 12% solution in them.

There seems to be two different labels for the same birds. There's the Gold'n Plump brand which has never been frozen, and the Market Pantry brand which I believe has been.

Just thought I would pass this along, because I always have a tough time finding smaller chickens.

Last time we were in Target, I picked up 6 chickens. I actually asked a meat counter worker if they were marked right because every where else around here has chickens for about 8 to 9 bucks a piece. Great thread man!!:thumb:

Thanks, I'll have to check out my local Target. I seem to have a hard time finding chicken under 5 lbs.

The local Schnucks store had chickens for $8, so went to the butcher shop and they were $5. It pays to shop.

That's good to know...smaller birds are hard to find...most whole chickens are the size of a small duck.

Good info! last time i was in a target, they were under construction. Seems to me they are venturing into the meat/produce/dairy business. Love me some hole yard bird

Back