Road Side Q in Loudoun County VA

MuggerzBBQ

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Greetings Fellow Pit Masters,

I have chosen Loudoun County to start up a Road Side Q joint. I wanted to reach out to anyone who is currently vending or in the process. I'm at the point where I'm working with the county to attempt to gauge potential sales etc and nail down a permanent location for Saturday's & Sunday's.

I'm taking the build it slow and as I go approach, however I'm open to suggestions on rigs/smokers as I currently use multiple and just don't have the size to cook 50 chickens and 50 racks at once, that's my goal, 100 Rack and chickens each weekend.

Any advice and or direction on this would be great esp if your currently doing this in Loudoun county VA

Jason Allen
703-851-1965

In terms of cookers, realistically gauge how much room you will need, and how you will want to cook. There is a huge PR benefit to having a large offset, it just screams "real BBQ" to folks. However, an insulated cabinet model, especially units like FEC pellet cookers or gravity feeds make cooking a lot easier.

In terms of location, for weekend vending, pay attention to traffic patterns, high flow opportunities and locations near recreation and sports areas.

I am not in the business however I think Landarc has excellent advise. I've always imagined a roadside joint with a offset stick unit out front smoke'n away to make my "Come On in for great BBQ" statement, a hot n fast chicken griller (like a meadow creek) to knock out my quarters or halves and an FEC or a very controllable vertical smoker to do the rest... IMHO... Good Luck to you and your new endeavor!!!

I'm over in the valley west of loudon co and selling fri-sat in a local brewery. I hate ribs, somedays I sell out in a few hours, the next day I have leftovers. They are expensive and a PITA. That's a ton of racks to move, but I'm sure it could be done.

I know of 5 roadside guys in loudoun and a couple right outside the line. THey all have large offsets.

Back