Behold - MOINK Shots!

DaveAlvarado

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I was at the store last night picking up some stuff to throw on the smoker today, and an idea for a new appetizer just whanged me upside the head--Texas-style MOINKS. But not just any MOINKS, MOINK shots!

Slices of all-beef Elgin sausage wrapped in bacon, filled with some Mexican-style cheese, given a light dusting of rub, and sprinkled with minced Hatch chile pepper.

They're cooking right now, I'll report back with more pics when they're done.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0010_2.jpg
    IMG_0010_2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 358
Ohhhhh, nice! Bash menu item? :wink:

I like how you used a WHOLE strip of bacon for each one! :thumb:

Completed shot. These will definitely be a Bash menu item. My girlfriend loved them and so did I. They're better still with some Sucklebusters BBQ sauce brushed on, which I'll be doing for the Bash.

And of *course* I used a whole strip of bacon for each. Can't have leaky shots, can we? :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_0011_2.jpg
    IMG_0011_2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 334
That looks pretty good from here

I always have trouble getting any inner layer bacon cooked enough when the outside is done when wrapped like that

Completed shot. These will definitely be a Bash menu item. My girlfriend loved them and so did I. They're better still with some Sucklebusters BBQ sauce brushed on, which I'll be doing for the Bash.

And of *course* I used a whole strip of bacon for each. Can't have leaky shots, can we? :wink:

Ooooohhhh, I might have to go bashin again:biggrin1:

Back