Look what was waiting for me when I got home last night!

Browser

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Alright, how many of you clicked on this link hoping to see pics of Mrs Browser wearing very little? SHAME ON YOU!!!!!:mrgreen: (I'dve done the same mind you:wink:)

Nope, got home to find this:

Thermopacket.jpg

Inside which was this:

Nu-Tempsbox.jpg

Inside which were these!!

Goodies.jpg

One of the best bits? On the invoice was the word 'brethren'. I'd mentioned you guys when I ordered as the source of the info about Nu-Temps and the reason why I bought from them, so a big thanks to you all, especially CarbonToe who PM'd me about these, and a BIG thanks to Nu-Temps for speedy delivery and a great price!
Me is a happy bunny now, all I've got to do it get the dratted UDS finished!!:-D

It has been a long time since I have hatched my NuTemps, and they are still one of my favorite tools. I like how they changed the color of the remotes to silver, as my white ones have changed to an orangish-brown color...

After a couple of cooks, you will wonder how you got along without them!

Congrats!

Nice ... even if there aren't any pics of Mrs. Browser!

And .......... I think the date on your camera is off a little :biggrin:

Nice ... even if there aren't any pics of Mrs. Browser!

And .......... I think the date on your camera is off a little :biggrin:
I think it's the format you're not used to
Day, Month, Year

Nice new toys.

I think it's the format you're not used to
Day, Month, Year
I work with a guy who spent several years over seas & still writes his dates like that in reports.

I think that's the base for what I call the transmitter. By the looks of it, one unit transmits the signal and it has 3 remote units that receive the signal - not that it really matters what we call them.

More curious why. Is the base unit able to have multiple food temp probes? If so, can't the same remote read all of them?

I think that's the base for what I call the transmitter. By the looks of it, one unit transmittes the signal and it has 3 remote units that receive the signal - not that it really matters - just curious why.

Is the base unit able to have multiple food temp probes? If so, can't the same remote read all of them?

No you have it backwards.

Nu-Temp

Oh yes, I see. Only one probe per little unit (the transmitter) and up to three be read by the larger unit (the receiver). The receiver doesn't hardly look like it would fit in a cargo pocket like the Maverick - that's why I had them backwards. That one big unit would be nice to leave near the smoker while having the smaller unit with you - assuming it would be developed to read all the probes.

The FAQ mentions a BRethren discount, as well as an email address. Is that address still correct to contact, or is there another super-secret one?

Alright, how many of you clicked on this link hoping to see pics of Mrs Browser wearing very little? SHAME ON YOU!!!!!:mrgreen: (I'dve done the same mind you:wink:)

:-D

I was hoping for a Brethren Hat........:icon_sleepy

to be honest with you, I am now wondering what Mrs. Bowser looks like.

Nice setup you have there Browser. I still use mine to this day especially if I'm doing multiple meats with different finish temps. If I may, I'd like to offer a few tips:

• Unless they've put an on/off switch on the remotes and base unit, take one of the batteries out for storage between cooks. This will save you having to buy a 12 pack of batteries each time you use them. I store my remotes in quart size ziploc bags and just keep the removed battery in there with it.
  • Check the probe calibration. I have one that's dead on and the other two read 25F high.
  • Do not intentionally or unintentionally expose the probes to direct flame as this will cause the readout to read "HHH" and you will have to replace your perfectly calibrated probes with some that read 25F high.
  • Test the range of your base unit. I was cooking one day and took mine with me over to a buddy's house next door to help cut some wood. I thought it was sort of strange that my Bandera was maintaining 225F for 3 hours but didn't think anything of it. When I got back in range it dropped to 160F.

I was threatened with castration if I did put a revealing photo of my nearest & dearest on here. I'll try and find a 'restrained' one for you, havr to waint 'til tomorrow now though 'cos I'm at work!

Tested my toys the other night on the oven at work and they read to within a degree C of each other. Oven set at 140 C, thermos reading 128 C average so the oven at work is a little low.
Tested them again on our oven at home, which we've suspected of being a little bit out of cal for a while. What we didn;t expect was that it was sixty frickin' degrees C high out of cal!:eek: No wonder so many cakes came out burned! It's awonder we were able to use the ruddy thing at all. We're planning a kitchen refit next year anyway and were going to get a new oven, but at least now the Christmas goose will be just done, not overdone:-D

OK, to set cuious minds at rest, here is the best pic I can find of Mrs Browser, taken about a year ago prior to going out to a dress dinner (my brother had borrowed my DJ and not returned it:rolleyes:).
Pleae ignore the stiff in the grey suit on the pretty lady's left:redface:.

PICT0002-2.jpg

p.s. I am 6ft 5in tall, so you can see how tall Mrs B is!!

Back