A confession...

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Brothers... I must confess...

[standing]Hi... I'm Ronelle... And I am a cheater. I will soon be cooking on a pellet cooker{/standing]

:shock: :grin: :eek: :biggrin:

It was my wife's idea... Really. At the High Tech/Old School competition class taught by Rod Gray (KCPellethead) and Johnny Trigg last weekend (which is a great class, BTW), she was so impressed by Rod's FEC-100s and how easy they were to use and how great the food was that she suggested that I find out how much one would cost (Rod offered a discount folks who took the class). I knew how much the list price was so I just kept my mouth shut :rolleyes:

Once the initial sticker shock wore off we spent some time with Rod during a break in the class and he showed us the cooker and the pellets. My wife liked the idea of not having to haul two or three WSMs (or two eggs) plus the Performer to every comp (I may have influenced her a little bit :rolleyes:). Rod needed to have an order into CS by yesterday so we decided to think about it for a couple of days.

Besides the money, we had to figure out how to haul it around. We were looking for a used 5x8 trailer to use for comps anyway, but the rear opening on most 5x8s is too low for the FECC, and I really want to put the trailer in the garage to avoid paying $50/month for storage. Thanks to some help from one of the guys at the CS forum I have found that most of the torsion axel trailers made for hauling motorcycles are designed for a standard 7 foot garage, so i have a few options for low profile trailers. The rear opening is still a little shorter than the FEC, but a few guys have ordered theirs with the base shortened but a few inches, so i have requested that as well.

So... before Bill beats me to it, Brothers, I will be a cheater in a couple of weeks thanks to Rod and some friendly prodding by Scottie and N-2-Que. :biggrin:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hehe If it works for you, brother Ron, then have a nut!

L A Z Y C H E A T E R !

Can't believe this is happening! No beer for you.

But if that's the way you want to roll, I can't take that away from a fellow brother.

Congrats on the purchase RonL.
Im sure you will be very very happy with your pellet pooper as ive never heard any negative comments on those fine machines.
Wifey an I planned on going to Cookshack for a class a year ago and our plans were to bring one home with us. Hotel reseverations were made, vacation days applied for ect.
But with a Feb. wedding things changed in a heartbeat.
Maybe someday we can pull it off.

How much to ship your big green egg across Lake Michigan to the east?

Last edited:
Stick Burners Rule!!!!
Hey, those Pellet Poopers are great, too.
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well good for you!!!!

Since you wont be tending the sticks(I cant honey, i have to watch the fire is no longer valid..).... now you get to do all the chores and honeydos that have been neglected.., and you will drink less beer and margaritas, and you don't have to stay up all night and listen to the crickets, sit around the firepit and watch the moon and no more checking for that orange glow coming thru the dampers..

Congratulations!!!

:twisted::mrgreen:

:tongue:

Way to go Ron L Poop on my bro poop on. Congrats on the new toy!:icon_cool

Congratulations Ron!!!!:cool: It was a great class and a pleasure to meet your wife.

BTW.....I guess it's catchy....:rolleyes::eek::mrgreen:. We are officially cheaters now too..and proud of it!!:cool:

I don't know what to say Ron, other than I hope this helps out with your "How to score a sexual 180 at a Comp" chapter in your biography.

You couldn't talk her into a Geer?

Congrats Bro...pellets ARE wood right? :twisted:

Seems to be an epidemic. I am curious how many poopers will be at Stagecoach this year. I think most conversions to the pellet smokers are so after they wake up well rested, they get a kick out of walking around with afoil hat talking to aliens after a couple nights of no sleep.

It's all about the cook, not the cooker, right? :p

Congrats, brother!

The lumberyard here is town just became an authorized Treager dealer. They have a small selection of cookers, sauces, and rubs. Looked at em yesterday. Wow they cost a pretty penny.

Ron.... Say it isn't so!!!!!!!

BTW.....I guess it's catchy....:rolleyes::eek::mrgreen:. We are officially cheaters now too..and proud of it!!:cool:
Sure, now that I finally got my Lang!!!! I guess we'll see Walt's on CL soon... (or are you just going to give it to Bubba!)

Congrats Bro...pellets ARE wood right? :twisted:
I don't think so.....

(BTW, congrat's bro....)

Geez Ron, I can't believe that losing that WSM to me was so traumatic that you lost all of your senses and took an extended trip to the dark side. Goodness, I'll sell it to ya man!

No - better idea. Why don't you sell me your soon-to-be-dust-collecting WSMs? I gotta couple buddies...

Rumor has it the Ron_L is changing his avatar to Ron_P and will be doing infomercials for his new "Set it, and Forget It" BBQ cooker.:twisted:

Congrats on your new toy. I believe that's the cooker I would use if I were going to do comps. I like my sleep.

Sure, now that I finally got my Lang!!!! I guess we'll see Walt's on CL soon... (or are you just going to give it to Bubba!)

I don't think so.....

We love the Lang and have no intention of getting rid of it. Matter of fact we'll be using it for comps this year...heck you can never have to many cookers, can ya?:wink:

Congrats on your new oven er . . . . . "cooker" Ron.

Make sure you practice what to do when the power goes out. :shock:

Seriously Fec's are a nice cooker. Hope you enjoy it.

Back