Beef Bacon???

Billy Ribs

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I saw this on Triple D last night. A Jewish Deli made Maple Bacon Doughnuts, with beef bacon.

Never heard of this, but definitely want to try it.

I have had it from a couple different meat shops and its not the same, still nothing like a good pork bacon.

it is fantastic, a few years ago my local supermarket carried it for a while but it has since disappeared. Here was a cook I did with it:

IMG_4189.jpg

mandolin some carrots & potatoes (yellow, red & sweet) & toss with olive oil, onion powder, salt & pepper:

IMG_4192.jpg

roll in the bacon:

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg

indirect over whatever smoking wood makes you happy:

IMG_4197.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4205.jpg

while that’s going, render the left over bacon in olive oil to make a quick roux, add back the crumbled bacon & a can of beef broth for a nice pan gravy:

IMG_4195.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

drizzle the gravy over the "pot roast on a pick":

IMG_4210.jpg

That looks awesome !!!! Now how do we make beef bacon.. Made my first hillbilly bacon and it came out good, a little salty but next batch will be much better.

Jim

Sounds and looks awsome, might be a nice change of pace. Some people in my house have made comments about the "slight over use of" bacon.(not sure how thats possible..:biggrin1:). But maybe I have become overly dependent on the ole greenbean bundles. Gonna try those for sure.

Back