Hello from the East Coast of Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

akr71

I'm relatively new to smokers, but like most things I've jumped in with both feet. My wife & I always enjoyed grilling over charcoal more than propane, but we also like to be able to grill year 'round. I found it tough to keep the grill hot enough using just charcoal in the winter, so we broke down and bought a propane grill.

Fastforward 2 years - Last summer I got it into my head that I was going to smoke some ribs low n slow on the gas grill. They were delicious and the many racks of ribs I did after those just got better and better. I've done a fatty a couple of times and couple of pork loins too.

I'm a DIY kinda guy and I don't have the money for a Big Green Egg - my wife saw that crazed look in my eye and found this. It get delivered next week (I don't get distracted from her honey-do list for the summer trying to build one).

I can't wait until I can find my deck again under all this snow so I can test it out. I know I still have a lot to learn & I'm hoping you more experienced folks will share some of your secrets.

Now I've got to put the finishing touches on my recipe for tomorrow's brew session (I'm a homebrewer too - I did say I was a DIY kinda guy).

Welcome from SoCal! You'll be amazed at the amount of info here - there are some seriously experienced folks who enjoy sharing their knowledge - great people here & I guarantee you're gonna love it.

Welcome from Indiana!!!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back