THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

akr71

I'm relatively new to smokers, but like most things I've jumped in with both feet. My wife & I always enjoyed grilling over charcoal more than propane, but we also like to be able to grill year 'round. I found it tough to keep the grill hot enough using just charcoal in the winter, so we broke down and bought a propane grill.

Fastforward 2 years - Last summer I got it into my head that I was going to smoke some ribs low n slow on the gas grill. They were delicious and the many racks of ribs I did after those just got better and better. I've done a fatty a couple of times and couple of pork loins too.

I'm a DIY kinda guy and I don't have the money for a Big Green Egg - my wife saw that crazed look in my eye and found this. It get delivered next week (I don't get distracted from her honey-do list for the summer trying to build one).

I can't wait until I can find my deck again under all this snow so I can test it out. I know I still have a lot to learn & I'm hoping you more experienced folks will share some of your secrets.

Now I've got to put the finishing touches on my recipe for tomorrow's brew session (I'm a homebrewer too - I did say I was a DIY kinda guy).

Welcome from SoCal! You'll be amazed at the amount of info here - there are some seriously experienced folks who enjoy sharing their knowledge - great people here & I guarantee you're gonna love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back