no fat diet. meal suggestions

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
so for the immediate future I will be on a ZERO fat diet. this is not gonna be easy as I, like most of the brethren, love meat.

nonfat dairy is allowed.

I know what I can eat but am struggling to make it interesting and combine ingredients into tasty dishes.

this may be a bbq site but I know alot ot you guys throwdown in the kitchen in general. I'm looking for suggestions on dishes to make while I am suffering through this.

TIA

Ron/Bob feel free to move this if needed, I was just hoping to post it in a high traffic area

I did a vegan thing for a couple weeks. When I was doing that I had spaghetti squash noodles with tomato sauce, zucchini noodles with tomato sauce,Mexican rice, black bean burgers, I made vegetable soups, salads, etc. I did it for blood pressure. Now I am doing high fat low carb and no longer need blood pressure meds.

Cook rice in fat free chicken broth with green chilis on the smoker, makes for a very tasty dish. I love whole roasted sweet potatoes on the smoker no added fat required. Baked potatoes with homemade roasted salsa in lieu of butter and sour cream.

Our family always enjoys some Chickpea-centric meals. One of our go-to meals is Chana Masala - if you have some time for labor, I'd recommend Kenji's on Serious Eats. Or, there's one that cooks in a Crockpot, but I can't remember what website I get that from.

Can you have Turkey? I just picked up a breast only to smoke this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cook rice in fat free chicken broth with green chilis on the smoker, makes for a very tasty dish. I love whole roasted sweet potatoes on the smoker no added fat required. Baked potatoes with homemade roasted salsa in lieu of butter and sour cream.

bonus points for bbq'd ideas :thumb:

Can you have Turkey? I just picked up a breast only to smoke this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

no meat period. only nonfat dairy. I love a smoked turkey breast. Aaron Franklin has I recipe for it that I really enjoy. :sad:

Vegetable curries can be good. Tomatoes, chickpeas, potatoes, creamed spinach (without the cream).

Saffron. It looks expensive, but a little bit really does go a long way. Just a couple little pieces is enough to flavor a whole bowl of rice.

Believe it or not tofu can be quite delicious. Also black bean burgers, although I think they have some vegetable fat in them.

I cook fresh veggies with a bit of EVO every night. Adding tomatoes provides a little acid and make them much better. I season with Killer Hogs AP Rub. Combing different veggies nightly keeps it interesting. I found mushrooms, tomatoes, green beans and brocilli are my favorite.

Center cut pork chops or boneless/skinless chicken breasts seasoned with Montreal chicken seasoning or PlowBoys Yardbird seasoning is my protein. Occasionally I will have cast iron Salmon or Halibout.

I’ve been on this diet plan for over two years.

Looking like steamed veggies is the only thing for you.
I love spinach. Raw veggies. Apples, oranges.
More greens.

Become a bovine to gain your health.

Get this book

Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Revised Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/031612091X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_vt8ZBb2VQQGWC

Download this food list
https://drfitt.com/bali-food-list/

I can’t help with recipes (I’m terrible at following them) but this book and this list will show the food you seek does not have to be boring.

Good luck

I read the list of Bali foods. saw hemp milk.....I can get down with that :wink:

Unless you are doing it under doctors orders, I would re-think a zero fat diet. Even then, I would have to ask some questions. Zero fat is not healthy.

it is under doctors order and temporary until until the condition clears up. hopefully only several weeks

Get this,it is amazing and healthy: (great on salads and veggies)

https://bragg.com/products/bragg-organic-fat-free-vinaigretter-salad-dressing.html

VinegarFATFREEth.jpg

My wife does swear by the Bragg Cider Vinegar.

So there. It is much more sour than regular cider vinegar - I do not cook with it.

I read the list of Bali foods. saw hemp milk.....I can get down with that :wink:

it is under doctors order and temporary until until the condition clears up. hopefully only several weeks

While hemp milk is healthy, it is 11% fat. People could probably help you more, if you know how many grams of fat you are allowed. If it is really zero, that is very limiting.

Back