$109 Pit Boss 5-Series Vertical Pellet Smoker

Has anyone else experienced the joy of the display frosting over when you turned it on in the cold? No joke, it took about 3 hours to "defrost." Nothing like running the pooper blind like my stick burner, LOL.

Made my first batch of beef jerky on mine tonight. Marinade of Dale's steak seasoning and pickled jalapenos. Sprinkle of Oakridge Santa Maria and HDD. I've made jerky in a dehydrator before, but now I feel like a true meat jerkin beef boy.

The location with 4 @199 is down to three.

Some money just came in and I convinced a buddy who wanted this cooker back in November to go halfs with me. He wanted it to make jerky from harvested deer from hunting. He said you keep it at your house (who do you think makes his jerky anyway)

I'll make the journey this afternoon if I can, it's a decent drive but not further than I'd travel to a jobsite.

Looks like I'll get one for $100 after all

I'm home. split the cost with my buddy. well worth the price even though combined we'll probably only use a half dozen times a year. it'll be good for high capacity cooks and smoking jerky and salmon they catch.

I bit the bullet and paid $199, theres is still one left at the Walmart in hiland mi, it's in the garden center.

They are still showing up on brick for full price in my area... sucks!

Recon mission complete @ 1946. 2 units located on top shelf, wrapped in shrink wrap with the words DELTED written in marker. Online price shows 199 in this location, even the in store app. However unable to select for pickup.

Asst night Manager climbs a ladder, scans the code on her app and confirms price. Unable to sell until they come back down (estimate is about a week) ....or call the manager in the morning when they have a forklift available to get them down.

Told her if she’d take 109 I’d take them both. No bite. Maybe tomorrow with the store manager.

Zulu out.

Recon mission complete @ 1946. 2 units located on top shelf, wrapped in shrink wrap with the words DELTED written in marker. Online price shows 199 in this location, even the in store app. However unable to select for pickup.

Asst night Manager climbs a ladder, scans the code on her app and confirms price. Unable to sell until they come back down (estimate is about a week) ....or call the manager in the morning when they have a forklift available to get them down.

Told her if she’d take 109 I’d take them both. No bite. Maybe tomorrow with the store manager.

Zulu out.

I had the same experience at Home Depot picking up the $99 WSM. Except they called the forklift over and brought it right on down for me. Hope the store manager gives you the deal tomorrow.

I'm putting the copperhead together today. cooking beef ribs on the BHC while I do. maybe jerky for a test run.

Just want to say to be careful if you leave it out in the rain or moisture. People that have had these for a while have had issues with moisture getting in the dump door and swelling up the pellets which has led some to have to disassemble to chisel the hard pellets from the auger.

I'm not scared but just thought I would pass along some info to hopefully save someone.

I'm thinking some sort of deflector shield above the door attached to the screws. But it's been too cold and snowy to even fire it up since putting it together. just keeps staring at me from the dining room. :sad:

On of my local stores had them marked down to $150 back in December. Got one for my father for Christmas. We opened her up after Christmas to find the glass busted out of the door. Called up Pit Boss and Customer Service Sent out a new door. But the parents went to Alabama for the winter and nobody's used it yet. I figure for $150 it's quite a deal.

That's awesome customer service!
Ninja... the door will slide right off if you turn it upside down. I've heard a few dinging it up that way. Other than that it's really easy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

yea, I got to the stage where I flipped it right side up. shorties are done and I'm tired. there's always tomorrow.

I am liking the barrel house tho.

yea, I got to the stage where I flipped it right side up. shorties are done and I'm tired. there's always tomorrow.

I am liking the barrel house tho.

Trying to decide between the Barrel House or the Copperhead for a brisket tomorrow. Have ribs on the Copperhead today with 100% Hickory Lumberjack pellets. Still thinking of filling the brisket full of hooks and hanging it though.

Back