Hit & Run Grilled Citrus Pork Loin

RubThatButt

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The weather is starting to give way. Not many what I would call "enjoyable" cooking days left around here. And since the season of Hit & Run grilling is upon us I thought I would make something for the Hot & Fast Throwdown. I figured a lot of folks would do beautiful steaks so I went with tried and true pork with a sweet citrus sauce.

I made marinade and sauce for the loin chops:

1 Cup Catalina
2 Oranges Juiced & Grate The Peel If Preferred
4 Green Onions Chopped
1-2 Clove(s) Garlic -To Taste-

If you want some heat with your sweet then throw some chopped up jalapenos in too!

Just mix it all together in a bowl. I marinated the chops in a little sauce and saved the rest to pour on later. If you try this make the sauce ahead of time so the flavors have time to come together.

Sliced Right From The Loin:

loin1.jpg

The Hot & Fast Part:

loin2.jpg

The Citrus Sauce Is Sweet & Tangy:

loin3.jpg

Ready To Be Tore Up:

loin5.jpg

Thanks for looking. :-D

I'd tear that up alright. Nice looking chops. Are those Chargriller grates I see?

That is some good looking pork fast and hot.

That looks amazing! Might I ask, what is Catalina?

You need to add that to the hot and fast throwdown!

That looks amazing! Might I ask, what is Catalina?

Sorry. Catalina as in the dressing. Up north here we use dressing on/for just about anything you can imagine. It's a staple. :-D

Good lookin' eats right there! I never thought of using Catalina dressing.

Sorry. Catalina as in the dressing. Up north here we use dressing on/for just about anything you can imagine. It's a staple. :-D

Hmmm...is that a brand name? Never seen it in this area...

That looks really great!! You might want to try tossing some orange peel on the coals the last 10 minutes. I gives pork or chicken a nice smoky orange taste.

That looks really great!! You might want to try tossing some orange peel on the coals the last 10 minutes. I gives pork or chicken a nice smoky orange taste.

I'll have to try that for sure. I grated orange peel into the sauce. With the citrus ,garlic and onion it is a nice sweet tangy sauce.

Hmmm...is that a brand name? Never seen it in this area...

I use Kraft. But there are others I'm sure. It's a sweet tomato based dressing. It's very refreshing especially when mixed with citrus. Around here you can find people pouring it on just about everything.

Thanks for looking! :-D

I agree. I buy toasted sesame and ginger dressing for a lot of my marinades. It is awesome on pork!

Catalina is a French style salad dressing. Used to be much better until they changed things up a couple of years ago.

Great grill. Thanks for the recipe. A done deal for the next loin.

:lol:....Hit & Run Grilling!
Had to wipe my eyes from laughing!
Same weather over here or maybe worse!
Stuph looks serious bro!

Back