Chili Cook-off Help Needed

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I am organizing a just for fun chili cook off at work for my next team meeting. I am happy with my chili recipe, and may even go the extra mile and take them in some Kerri's beans, but need help with the judging - there have to be some guidelines - anyone have some?

Thanks!
L-M

1. AROMA - Chili should smell appetizing.
2. CONSISTENCY - Chili should be a smooth combination of meat and gravy.
3. COLOR - Chili should look appetizing.
4. TASTE - Chili should taste good.
5. AFTERTASTE - Chili should leave a pleasant taste after swallowing.

Keep it simple. Have everyone write down their Top 3 choices, tally the results, and announce the winner.

we just did a small chili contest as a fund raiser for the local college girls basketball team, It was a real simple setup and worked real well. Every partcipant brought in a crockpot full of their chili (any kind) every participant then got serving cups with their number on it, Then (as this was a fund raisier) people paid 5 bucks, and could taste all the different chilis,,, then simply vote for theri favorite one, but writing the corresponding number on a blank ballot,, once it was over, the ballots were tallied,, and there is your winner.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have a feeling there may be only 2 or 3 pots of chili (I have a really small team).

Back