Looking for food processor recommendations

BDAABAT

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Howdy all!

Would appreciate food processor recommendations. My current KitchenAid has a crack in the bowl. In addition, it's had problems cleanly dealing with larger volumes of liquids. The center stalk (where the blade connects to the motor) leaks whenever the bowl is filled < half capacity. So, I'm in the market for something that will be less likely to leak profusely when more than half full.

I'm not planning on using the FP to make dough... it's just for chopping, slicing, pureeing.

Thanks in advance!
Bruce

Budget?

I have a Robot Coupe R2. It's a commercial unit and will cost around a grand.

@Cook: Sorry, thanks for the recommendation but I'm not looking for something that expensive.

@Norm: Have seen good reviews of that unit at Amazon and I've been really intrigued by the lack of leaking in the center shaft. Thanks for the feedback!

Bruce

i recently asked a buddy the same question.....

"Look for a CFP-5 or CFP-5A on eBay."

I have a Robot Coupe that my wife gave me 40 years ago and i have never had an issue with it, use it all the time. Let make an economy model, check them out.

Check on ebay for a robot coupe. You can usually find a deal. Also check craigslist.

I just got a new Cuisinart, its my second. The first one recently petered out after about 25 years of near regular use.

Is Kitchenaid that bad? I was looking to pick up the 12 cup processor myself.

Back