Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Safeway BBQ Battle Washington DC June 25th

chopshop

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Anyone heading to DC to do the bbq battle. I was there last year and it is an amazing event.

Can't wait

This will be Dizzy Pig's 6th year there, and we are stoked. Different from any contest I have done, but great real estate for the weekend! So long as it's not 95 degrees, it should be a blast. Stop on by if you see us.
Cheers
Chris

it will be our first time doing this contest...on a side note for those that did this contest last year...I see the KCBS portion is saturday but the cooks packet says you cant leave until sunday evening...is that rule enforced?

it will be our first time doing this contest...on a side note for those that did this contest last year...I see the KCBS portion is saturday but the cooks packet says you cant leave until sunday evening...is that rule enforced?
Im not sure. We vend there too so i really never paid much attention to when the others leave because im stuck there until sunday night anyway. im pretty sure that the competitors that were on the side street were able to get out on saturday.

Chix swine and bovine left saturday night so it can be done. They cleared it ahead of time though

Yes, you're pretty much fenced in for the weekend. Also I'd suggest bringing a hand truck or pull cart. Last year some people had to go a long way for water.

Yea, I had enough electric next to me to run a small town. Water had to be carried about a mile to my site.

Yea, I had enough electric next to me to run a small town. Water had to be carried about a mile to my site.

Good, I'll be able to have both AC units going in my RV... I'll allow other competitors to join in the cool air with me.... I'll just have to think of something to use as a bartering point to let them in. Is DC close enough to Baltimore for crabs or crab cakes? :becky:

Good, I'll be able to have both AC units going in my RV... I'll allow other competitors to join in the cool air with me.... I'll just have to think of something to use as a bartering point to let them in. Is DC close enough to Baltimore for crabs or crab cakes? :becky:

:puke:

Crabs.....ugggh.

Beefs :thumb:

:puke:

Crabs.....ugggh.

Beefs :thumb:

Don't listen to 'em Scottie, you want some crabs/crab cakes, I'll see what I can do....

I've gotten Dan to expand his food variety a bit, just not with crabs. Ask him about Shrimp's from Martin's......

Don't listen to 'em Scottie, you want some crabs/crab cakes, I'll see what I can do....

I've gotten Dan to expand his food variety a bit, just not with crabs. Ask him about Shrimp's from Martin's......

Looks like I will be bringing some beefs for the contest!!! :thumb:

You're going to be right in downtown DC - There will be an abundance of crabs available just a couple of blocks over:twisted:

Oh, you meant Blue crabs:becky:

You're going to be right in downtown DC - There will be an abundance of crabs available just a couple of blocks over:twisted:
14th & k st to be exact. i wouldnt know :p im just going by what someone else told me.

The Pickin' Porkers will be there doing both contests!!! Count us in on any crab cake orders.....

Scottie...we'll try to win some cash for ya...

Is now a bad time to ask if there is a dominant MBN rib cooker that isn't cooking this event and wants to? My team will supply everything!!! :becky:

See you there Roger and you know we'll be rooting for you.

So where is 14th street? :shock: :tape: :roll:

Is now a bad time to ask if there is a dominant MBN rib cooker that isn't cooking this event and wants to? My team will supply everything!!! :becky:

remember what i said? someone told me about it....its right across the street from the crown plaza i stayed at last year. too funny, me and matt from jacked up bbq were walking back to the hotel last year and from pennsylvania ave to K st. is like the red light district. Its worth the walk just to take in the sights. they line 14th st. like parking meters

I think you should let the girls do the presentation!

Back