Boeuf Bourguignon (Beef Burgandy) Stew

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My wife came down sick over the weekend so I made her favorite thing to help her get better. (At least that I make) My version of Boeuf Bourguignon.

Ingredients:
3 lbs. Chuck Roast (Trimmed & Cubed)
1 750 ml bottle of red wine. (Burgandy, Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon)
1 32 oz. carton of beef broth / stock
5 slices of bacon (Diced)
2 medium onions. (Diced)
6 red potatoes. (Diced)
4 carrots. (Sliced)
7 celery stalks. (Sliced)
1 bunch of parsley. (Diced)
1 package of Pearl Onions
6 small to medium shallots (Skinned)
5 cloves of garlic. (Miced)
2 bay leaves
1 tsp. of garlic salt
1 tsp. of course ground black pepper
3 tbsp. of flour
1 tsp. of Kitchen Bouquet
3 shakes (sprinkles) of dried thyme leaves
3 shakes (sprinkles) of ground all spice
10 sprigs of fresh thyme
Start by assembling the characters:

Trimmed the meat. Look at that color. Ooh La La!

Cut the Chuck up into approx.. 1 ½” pieces

Throw this into a bowl and add 1 tsp. garlic salt, 1 tsp. course ground black pepper and a 750 ml bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and let that marinate for 2 hours.

While that marinates I wash, skin, slice & dice up my veggies. Ever try skinning 30 Pearl onions? The things we do for love.

I diced 5 slices of bacon and fried this up and saved both the crumbles & bacon fat.

Remove the beef onto a paper towel mat to dry. (I cut some of the bigger pieces in half)

Now I need to brown the beef so I add some bacon fat to my Dutch Oven and let it get nice and hot. I want a nice sear on all the pieces so I did this in two batches

After removing the 2nd batch of beef I add 2 medium diced onions and let them start to sweat.

After they start to sweat I add 1 tsp. of butter and 3 tbsps. of flour and stir.

Let that cook for another minute and then add the wine marinate to deglaze the pan. Stir and let that simmer for 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes the sauce has thickened nicely so I add some of the others ingredients. Bacon crumbles, garlic, carrots, celery and the beef.

Now 1 32 oz. carton of beef broth, a couple shakes of dried thyme, a couple shakes of ground all spice, 1 tsp. of Kitchen Bouquet and 10 springs of fresh thyme from my garden. Bring this to a boil.

Now cover and moved over the indirect side to simmer for 2 hours at 325 degrees.

After 90 minutes I add the potatoes.

After 2 hours I brown the shallots.

And add them and the pearl onions, stir and simmer for another 15 minutes.

And then add the parsley, stir and simmer for another 15 minutes. I moved it over to my gasser so I could bake my biscuits.

Here are the biscuits in the kamado.

After 5 minutes I removed the lid.

And it’s done.

And so are the biscuits.

Plated shots.

Superbe, Magnifque! :becky:

Seriously? You are killing me. That looks outstanding. And the farkin biscuits!!! :clap2:

I am currently riddled with Flu...... This is the best looking thing I've seen all weekend!

Wow!!....Wow!! Had to work late and haven't ate yet... Now I am really starving and probably can't be satisfied after seeing that!

That was very nice of you and I hope that she feels better soon!

The stew and biscuits look fantastic! Thanks for the details along with the pictures!

Oh boy that's some impressive looking stew. Thanks for posting this!

Hey OP,

My wife just saw the thread and made me jot down the recipe.

Sorry, looks like I'm going to "borrowing" your recipe sometime soon!

I am currently riddled with Flu...... This is the best looking thing I've seen all weekend!
Thanks and I'm sorry to hear you have the flu. I hope I'm not completing with what I'm thinking you've been seeing. :twitch:

Back